Kusuriya no Hitorigoto

@DrFlyxuated “The terms ‘manga’ and ‘manhwa’ actually come from the Chinese term ‘manhua,’ which means ‘impromptu drawings.’... international readers use these terms to address comics that are published from a specific country...” so yeah its still called manga despite setting in chinese/ korean ancient culture. For instance, Kingdom is called manga as well despite digging so deep in chinese setting.

Just caught up with the latest chapter again, wish there was more.

My #1 pick for series I want to see animated.

Wow. This manga is an adaptation of a light novel, and I have got to say that the manga is so much better than the source material. The manga imbues humor and life into Maomao, making the story so much more enjoyable. LN Maomao is kinda dull so far. There's literally no writing about the emotions of the character, whereas you see it in the art of the manga. The light novel does contain more exposition though. You might want to read it to understand more about the workings of the imperial court and the characters.

But yeah based on the first 2 chapters of the manga and the corresponding first 7 chapters of the ln, I'd say the manga is definitely better. Maybe I'll prioritize the LN anyway just because there's like triple the content out right now.

Yeah, this is really good kinda rare for historical japanese series potray things reasticly the reason why i 'm not fond of historical japanese manga/series is the character is too idealistic chinese series on the other hand potray things reasticly and they're really good at it. Historical series is where chinese writer excel at and japanese is really excel at making slice of life or tragic story. It's kinda unique different culture have different speciality at making story

This manga is amazing. The protagonist is extremely clever and intelligent but not overpowered. It's a realistic historical setting.

Loved the series and our cat protagonist so much I just binged the webnovel!

So so good, definitely recommend! I got so much satisfaction seeing MaoMao piece together all the mysteries.

Of course, I also took my MaoMao x Jinshi crumbs haha

Is anyone having trouble reading the last few chapters? The other mangas are fine but it keeps saying just for this one the files are corrupted

For some reason, maybe the setting, I keep this isn't a Chinese manhua but a Japanese manga.

I love the art for this, it's so fluid and the the characters are so expressive.

The plot is a bit hard to follow at first but it's pretty quick to pick up that it's because there are multiple plots going on with multiple players.

The main character is also amazing, bouncing from creepy to amazing, while still being super intelligent and cute! I absolutely adore her and this manga, I cant wait to see how this progresses

I love this manga a lot ..
Still hoping for romantic scenes between mao mao and the prince in next chapters . 😍

its a good read, the mc is great. but after chapter 20, character development is slow and boring.

Users who are viewing this thread