Kusuriya no Hitorigoto

i was so surprised how well down this series is. i got instantly hooked! also, thank you so much for translating!

So basically, Rakan is Mao Mao’s true father, and syphilis woman is the mother. Rakan did the do with her, infecting and impregnating her. Worthless from both, she first took it out on Mao Mao. Her adoptive father walked into the scene and adopted her while her mother rots and her father remains a sleeze bag.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@WeebJoJo, I guess you havent read any of the spoiler and are just guessing? The one at fault for that was Rakan's dad not him. He is wanting to repay for his past by buying Maomao after all.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

This manga just too similar to saiunkoku monogatari is as I'm seeing shurei and ryuuki here ... The only different the manga here is biased on reality while saiunkoku monogatari is more in fantasy world.
I love both works but I lean a little more for fantasy XD.

If all girls thought that they were owed everything by the universe, none of them would ever live to be adults.

dear Admin, at the moment, all images failed to load.. kindly fix this, please... especially from vol.2 chapter 8..

This manga has the potenteil to blow up all stereotypical seinen genre if it follow the novel!
It has historical, medical, political aspect to it with ancien folkloric tales debunked by science 💗, the romance is very tiny since it mostly one sided ( till this day maomao doesn't show signs of affection to the poor jinshi in the novel 😓) but since the story is so interesting and ejoyable you can treat the romance as a little treat given occasionally 😅
As reader you have to be patient and treat every mystery in the a chapter as peice of puzzle of the big mystery and try to figure out everything before maomao expose everything 😍

Group Leader
Proof that each and every chapter of Kusuriya no Hitorigoto is Coronavirus-free (taken from the Twitter account of NekoKurage)

wPbbq9E.png

Dex-chan lover
That guard is so gonna be cleaning out whatever counts as their toilets for a long time. Also curse you cliffhangers

So I'm barely 3 chapters in and the exposition in this manga is painful to go through... The characterization is also pretty close to non-existant. I do a quick google and of course it's originally a Light Novel... It reads just like a generic bad Light Novel (generic bad meaning anything that gets popular that was originally a LN, e.g SAO, various Isekais, various school LNs, etc.)

I'll keep reading cuz I have nothing better to do for a bit, but I should've known better than to trust "high general ratings" on aggregate websites.

Users who are viewing this thread