Kuutei Dragons

Dex-chan lover
@PlanOfInaction Wow, I can actually see it now, this whole story just took a turn into something seriously fucked up with just that one comment.

Can someone report this manga to any animal rights organization? PETA maybe? I want to see something funny. Lets see how most people react when PETA is triggered with FICTIONAL manga about exploitation of DRAGONS. In the mean time, I'll get my popcorn ready

Dex-chan lover
I believe I just got blue-balled when I ran into "this chapter was deleted" is it a bug or was it really deleted?

Supporter
The official English releases go up to chapter 28 and are published by Kodansha.

Contributor
@Tamed

Someone accidentially added the official licensed translation, which is a big no-no for scanslation sites.

If someone wants to take the original Japanese raws and retranslate them, that's fine. Otherwise, you may need to buy the official release.

Dex-chan lover
Might be best to leave it. I had no idea this manga existed and now I'm going to see if I can find the other volumes to buy.

There are similarities with whale hunting but early chapters suggest the dragons will attack towns so its not an entirely one sided fight.

Fed-Kun's army
It's getting anime adaptation so I hope that some group will start translating it again.

Group Leader
@Tikibo it's not likely since it got an official translation but you can find it at other aggregator sites (up to chapter 31).

mmmm I would like this except the whale hunting propaganda hidden in it leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Dex-chan lover
@Junpaku thats like saying Fullmetal Alchemist is bad because it has allusion to Nazi Germany and war propaganda.

@samazam FMA is a critique of war. This manga is romanticizing harpoon hunting from boats and bemoaning that the industry of harpoon hunting from boats is dying out.
That is not a good comparison.
Also! I did not say this manga is bad and nobody is allowed to read it, I said I didn't like it.
It is fully within my rights to not like and not want to read something bc it reminds me too much of something I dislike.

You can't really deny the romanticization of whaling (draking) in this manga. I wish they explored the ethics of draking or even the danger of it but nope.

They do explore the ethics if different whaling methods in volume 8. Dragons are also different to whales in that they kill a lot of people.

Aggregator gang
@virosal there's up to chapter 31 over at kiss manga, (obviously beware the viruses, use 2 or 3 adblockers) i dont know if its anywhere else

Users who are viewing this thread