Kuzu Rouninsei, Jinsei ga Tsurai no de Yoru no Onee-san wo Yondemita - Ch. 65 - Scumbag and Toxic Mom

Dex-chan lover
Hum, chapter 65 and 66 are already translated at Dynasty Scans, weird that nobody uploaded here yet

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for picking this up, I read your afterword and while I of course have no idea how close your process came to the original Japanese it looks to be readable without any of the usual machine translation weirdness, so thank you :)

Looks like Makino and Mashiro have a bit of a respite but the mom is definitely going to cause problems in the future!

Group Leader
Thanks for picking this up, I read your afterword and while I of course have no idea how close your process came to the original Japanese it looks to be readable without any of the usual machine translation weirdness, so thank you :)

Looks like Makino and Mashiro have a bit of a respite but the mom is definitely going to cause problems in the future!
Thank you for the kind words!
I type out all of the text to fit the context and narrative instead of just copy + paste, with ChatGPT being surprisingly helpful by breaking down the sentences to induvidual particles (though one time it read Makino as Mashiro. wtf?), but I had to resort to more or less copy + pasting the author afterword as the OCR (optical character recognition) in Acrobat was not able to read the Japanese handwriting :(
I am experimenting with using tesseract (the Google-backed OCR) in the future, as Google translate uses it afaik, and it had no problem reading the text, though it does not let you copy the original Japanese text for some reason.
I plan to work on atleast 5 more chapters. (I'd like to finish the series, but you never know when you run out of motivation)

Dex-chan lover
i kinda forgot about it, i could upload it but i don't want to scare off the newbie
You heard them, upload it
Also, don't worry about forgetting it, it happens lol
It's ok, I love this series and I would like more chapters to be available asap!
(I'll probably still work on chapter 66 to improve my translation skills before I venture into uncharted territory)
As for you, I'm not gonna lie, knowing how most MTL snipers act it's a little surprising seeing you reply like this, if only more starting translators were like you we would have way less drama.

Actually, I can't even really call you a sniper since you clearly translated it in good faith, most snipers do it for the attention, so I hope you find a good yuri and continue having fun translating them, which shouldn't be too hard, there's various Yuri that translation never got finished, most of them will never be finished too.

You could also instead translate some Chinese Yuri, pretty sure there's some that nobody started or did a few chapters and dropped it, would arguably be better than MTL and easier for you to do.

Last edited:
Group Leader
You heard them, upload it
Also, don't worry about forgetting it, it happens lol

As for you, I'm not gonna lie, knowing how most MTL snipers act it's a little surprising seeing you reply like this, if only more starting translators were like you we would have way less drama.

Actually, I can't even really call you a sniper since you clearly translated it in good faith, most snipers do it for the attention, so I hope you find a good yuri and continue having fun translating them, which shouldn't be too hard, there's various Yuri that translation never got finished, most of them will never be finished too.

You could also instead translate some Chinese Yuri, pretty sure there's some that nobody started or did a few chapters and dropped it, would arguably be better than MTL and easier for you to do.
Thank you!
Unfortunately my chinese is actually like grade-school level so I doubt I could translate a manga without machine help.
Talking about sniping, I did not know about what sniping is in translation. I tried my best to see if /u/ scanslations was working on it, but it's just a 4chan forum so I had trouble knowing if it really was being worked on.
If it is I can drop the project, no worries.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you!
Unfortunately my chinese is actually like grade-school level so I doubt I could translate a manga without machine help.
Talking about sniping, I did not know about what sniping is in translation. I tried my best to see if /u/ scanslations was working on it, but it's just a 4chan forum so I had trouble knowing if it really was being worked on.
If it is I can drop the project, no worries.
Dang, that's a shame.
Unfortunately ever since mtl became a thing sniping only got worse, so we see a lot of series with good consistent translator getting invaded by a moron doing low effort garbage translation just to get attention.
Many of them are not even readable and yet a lot of morons are grateful for it, even though you can see it's done in bad faith.

I'm not surprised you couldn't find anything on 4chan, looking at Dynasty Scan dates, we had at least a chapter per month consistently, with 63 and 64 in December, 65 and 66 in February, I would guess whoever is translating is either waiting for more chapters or have been busy with real life.

Hopefully someone else could confirm the series status, like @ma_ko or @GoggledAnon.

Group Leader
Dang, that's a shame.
Unfortunately ever since mtl became a thing sniping only got worse, so we see a lot of series with good consistent translator getting invaded by a moron doing low effort garbage translation just to get attention.
Many of them are not even readable and yet a lot of morons are grateful for it, even though you can see it's done in bad faith.

I'm not surprised you couldn't find anything on 4chan, looking at Dynasty Scan dates, we had at least a chapter per month consistently, with 63 and 64 in December, 65 and 66 in February, I would guess whoever is translating is either waiting for more chapters or have been busy with real life.

Hopefully someone else could confirm the series status, like @ma_ko or @GoggledAnon.
Alright, keep me posted.
In the meantime I will probably keep translating for personal use but I may not release until I have the go-ahead for posting more chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Alright, keep me posted.
In the meantime I will probably keep translating for personal use but I may not release until I have the go-ahead for posting more chapters.
There seems to be a unwritten rule that if something don't get updated in 6 months it's considered abandoned, since last chapter was in February then that makes it August, but I'm pretty sure we'll get a new chapter in May, hopefully lol

Group Leader
There seems to be a unwritten rule that if something don't get updated in 6 months it's considered abandoned, since last chapter was in February then that makes it August, but I'm pretty sure we'll get a new chapter in May, hopefully lol
Alright. Looking forward to the official translation then!

Group Leader
I went to /u/ and found the tl archive and I visited the link and it was taken down for cp,,,,,,

I found information abt the original translator and they said they werent working on it because they were unable to rip raws. I have the raws, what should I do? That was posted in February so I have no idea if they are still up.

I'd like to keep working on the series but I don't want to ruin someones work or take over when others are more qualified than me.

Group Leader
Forgot to reply when sending, see above

Dex-chan lover
I went to /u/ and found the tl archive and I visited the link and it was taken down for cp,,,,,,

I found information abt the original translator and they said they werent working on it because they were unable to rip raws. I have the raws, what should I do? That was posted in February so I have no idea if they are still up.

I'd like to keep working on the series but I don't want to ruin someones work or take over when others are more qualified than me.
I'll be honest, I have no clue how /u/ works, try DM who uploaded the chapters here, @ma_ko or @GoggledAnon, hopefully either will be able to help, @GoggledAnon at least I'm pretty sure uses /u/, so they might be able to help somehow to contact the original translator.
Easier than try to do it yourself in my opinion.

Group Leader
It seems like I have the go-ahead from ma_ko to post another chapter before GoggledAnon replies. Still working on it though... :>

Users who are viewing this thread