Kuzu Rouninsei, Jinsei ga Tsurai no de Yoru no Onee-san wo Yondemita - Ch. 67 - Scumbag and Private Investigator

Group Leader
I have at least a dozen recommendations for translation.
But for now, how about:
Hanamonogatari - Yuri Project translated the first 2 chapters but never continued. That was a year ago so I am not sure if the plan to contiune. It's 3 volumes.
or
A Yuri Story About a Girl Who Insists "It's Impossible for Two Girls to Get Together" Completely Falling Within 100 Days - It's near complete but the last group didn't translate the final chapter. Last update was seven months ago.
Thank you so much!

Dex-chan lover
You know, and maybe this is reaching too much (given it's not a manga it's a manhwa), but I'd LOVE if someone continued the translation for Beautiful Gunbari.

If you do know that not only are you based, but you'll have my eternal gratitude.

Dex-chan lover
But for now, how about:
Hanamonogatari - Yuri Project translated the first 2 chapters but never continued. That was a year ago so I am not sure if the plan to contiune. It's 3 volumes.
or
A Yuri Story About a Girl Who Insists "It's Impossible for Two Girls to Get Together" Completely Falling Within 100 Days - It's near complete but the last group didn't translate the final chapter. Last update was seven months ago.
hanamonogatari would be awesome, the concept is so unique it deserves more eyeballs on it imo

Dex-chan lover
But for now, how about:
or
If only one chapter is missing from the second one then finishing that would be super nice!

The one about the older ladies would be very nice, too, basically unique in yuri, would love to read it.

Group Leader
Hello, if you're relying entirely on machine translation and the "Chinese knowledge" you're double checking with isn't even fluency, I really don't think you should be posting translations. MTL can be generally accurate but it also makes mistakes that you won't be able to catch at all. Not to mention the fact that kanji and hanzi don't always match up in meaning.

Translating 行きません as "I'm leaving" is a big red flag that you don't understand the basics of the language without heavy assistance.

If I'm going to get mean, it feels like you're falling into a Dunning Kruger trap: taking the small amount of knowledge you have and assuming it's a lot, because you lack the context to understand how little you actually know. I also assume you're still in school because unearned overconfidence (and doing scanlation in general) is hallmark student behavior. You do a solid job with the editing part, so if you want to see more things translated I would suggest getting involved with a pre-existing group that has a human translator and offering to help edit. There's always need for more editors. You could even head to /u/ and help with this series over there.

Group Leader
Hello, if you're relying entirely on machine translation and the "Chinese knowledge" you're double checking with isn't even fluency, I really don't think you should be posting translations. MTL can be generally accurate but it also makes mistakes that you won't be able to catch at all. Not to mention the fact that kanji and hanzi don't always match up in meaning.

Translating 行きません as "I'm leaving" is a big red flag that you don't understand the basics of the language without heavy assistance.

If I'm going to get mean, it feels like you're falling into a Dunning Kruger trap: taking the small amount of knowledge you have and assuming it's a lot, because you lack the context to understand how little you actually know. I also assume you're still in school because unearned overconfidence (and doing scanlation in general) is hallmark student behavior. You do a solid job with the editing part, so if you want to see more things translated I would suggest getting involved with a pre-existing group that has a human translator and offering to help edit. There's always need for more editors. You could even head to /u/ and help with this series over there.
Thanks for the tips!

I decided to do this project mostly 'cause I loved reading this series and not based off of any prior translating experience. I figured that it would be better to have a shitty mtl translation than nothing at all, so I apologize for any bad translations on my end.

Yes, I'm actually quite aware of the dunning-kruger effect and overconfidence in general: It's something I've struggled with for a long time now. Perhaps I may have let it go unchecked a bit too much. Sorry!

I have considered joining other groups, but I honestly get so fucking nervous talking to others or joining a server or something... it's hard to put on a persona for so long.

I would like to continue translating as it is something fun for me, and I would like to expand my Japanese knowledge, but I do aknowledge my limitations being someone who does not know any Japanese: I figured that being somewhat fluent in chinese (atleast spoken chinese), having past knowledge of linguistics, and having access to the advanced tools that can be used to break down sentences would be enough, but not being able to double-check really hurts the accuracy.

Translating without uploading kind of feels like it would be a waste and probably pretty demotivating, and learning a language to the point of being able to fully read by myself would take quite a long time: time I'm not sure I'm willing to invest.

I'm not quite sure where I should go from here, but I would preferrably like to keep continuing this project, and hopefully gain access to the skills and resources to help me with creating more accurate translations that more people would be happy with.

I hate being involved in arguments and drama, and I know that translating without actually knowing the source language is probably something controversial or something some people do not like, so I would like to minimize any damage I do and to not make others mad at me. I'm really sorry if this is something I have already done without knowing.

Group Leader
Thanks for the tips!

I decided to do this project mostly 'cause I loved reading this series and not based off of any prior translating experience. I figured that it would be better to have a shitty mtl translation than nothing at all, so I apologize for any bad translations on my end.

Yes, I'm actually quite aware of the dunning-kruger effect and overconfidence in general: It's something I've struggled with for a long time now. Perhaps I may have let it go unchecked a bit too much. Sorry!

I have considered joining other groups, but I honestly get so fucking nervous talking to others or joining a server or something... it's hard to put on a persona for so long.

I would like to continue translating as it is something fun for me, and I would like to expand my Japanese knowledge, but I do aknowledge my limitations being someone who does not know any Japanese: I figured that being somewhat fluent in chinese (atleast spoken chinese), having past knowledge of linguistics, and having access to the advanced tools that can be used to break down sentences would be enough, but not being able to double-check really hurts the accuracy.

Translating without uploading kind of feels like it would be a waste and probably pretty demotivating, and learning a language to the point of being able to fully read by myself would take quite a long time: time I'm not sure I'm willing to invest.

I'm not quite sure where I should go from here, but I would preferrably like to keep continuing this project, and hopefully gain access to the skills and resources to help me with creating more accurate translations that more people would be happy with.

I hate being involved in arguments and drama, and I know that translating without actually knowing the source language is probably something controversial or something some people do not like, so I would like to minimize any damage I do and to not make others mad at me. I'm really sorry if this is something I have already done without knowing.
It is utterly absurd to try and translate a language you don't understand the very basics of. The way to go forward would be to not post translations anymore and spend some time actually learning the language. Yes that takes work but if you're not willing to put in the work why do any of this?

If you truly believe
learning a language to the point of being able to fully read by myself would take quite a long time: time I'm not sure I'm willing to invest
why are you pretending to be a translator in the first place? You don't have to know Japanese to work on scanlation, there are plenty of people with the language skills who could use help with the other aspects. I helped with scanlation projects for years and years before learning the language.

Group Leader
It is utterly absurd to try and translate a language you don't understand the very basics of. The way to go forward would be to not post translations anymore and spend some time actually learning the language. Yes that takes work but if you're not willing to put in the work why do any of this?

If you truly believe

why are you pretending to be a translator in the first place? You don't have to know Japanese to work on scanlation, there are plenty of people with the language skills who could use help with the other aspects. I helped with scanlation projects for years and years before learning the language.
I understand how you might feel in this sort of situation: it might feel cheap or feel low-effort to MTL translations instead of human translating building off of years of japanese understanding.

Based off your advice, I'll probably try to learn the language to some extent before I start trying to translate again: I'm a very "learning by doing" kind of person, so when I started this project I thought it would help me learn the language. I didn't forsee there would be backlash such as that, which would be obvious in hindsight.

When I said that I was not willing to put in the time to learn japanese, I meant that I was not willing to put in years of my life being fluent in reading to the point where I did not need a machine translation tool to help me. Of course, spending years to learn Japanese just to use on what I consider simply a project would feel like a waste, and the reward for such would be so delayed I doubt it would be possible to remain motivated the whole time.

At what point of understanding do you think is acceptable for me to start posting again?

Also, in terms of helping out with other translation efforts, again, I still feel quite nervous in doing so, but I may join a group along the journey.

I am truly sorry for whatever damage I have caused for starting this project without thinking it through.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread