Kuzumi-kun, Can't You Read the Room?

Dex-chan lover
It probably gets good later on, but I didn't last even 10 chapters. The beginning is horribly boring and at times even annoying. Not very enjoyable at all.
The characters don't act like actual people. The main heroine acts like a complete fool 90% of the time and keeps talking to herself in public like a mentally ill person, which constantly gets her into embarrassing situations. One of her friend has no brain and is just all around annoying and the other one is only saved by being a half-decent tease. The male main character is, well, boring, but that's what he is supposed to be, so I'm not going to hold that against him too much. His friend is... Kinda redundant to be honest. And very typical too.
The background characters are all complete trash, very annoying.
Oh, and a very minor thing, more related to personal tastes, but the female MC is constantly touted as the cutest girl in school everyone swoons over, when in my opinion her design is boring at best, but I'd say she's actually pretty damn plain and ugly.

Dex-chan lover
i regret reading the comment...
At first i enthusiasm reading this... but reading the negative comments (Not really negative but well what ever.. ) Made my enthusiasm gone... it seems that opinion affect me...

welp got a erase my memory now Somehow ...

Fed-Kun's army
Dropped. Manga lost its steam and became boring. Its not even funny anymore.

Well if you're looking for a serious romance then it'll feel pretty slow... but I'm assuming these types of manga are for chilled read. For being this type of manga I think it has a decent amount of development.
As usual made a review on this manga if you're interested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw3UlnK_Uw0

i'm actually triggered this starts of funny and cute but ends up being just frustrating you expect something to happen but nothing does happen.

kazumi is a complete shutdown the guy doesn't talk unless he has a disorder i don't see a reason behind his behavior.

Dex-chan lover
@DerpingDoyle if you talk about that aspect. there are quite of number manga do it better
The author still need more experiment to build a character. The overused some trope of this manga is quite a lot. but hey, this is not the worst from all i have seen

Dex-chan lover
This manga isn't suitable for people with low tolerance and patience (as evidenced by some [most] of the comments). With that being said, this manga isn't bad, but it isn't that good either. An okay, peaceful read. Don't mind the negative comments, they have to compensate with something :^)

Editing this: It took quite a while, but we're in the endgame. Scratch my earlier comment, I must say this is quite good now.

the title in english should be "read the mood" right? why room?

"kuuki yomenai hito" means person who cant read mood and spout many insensitive things with flat face

Contributor
Like a lot of others rom-com , it's funny the first 10 chapters, then quickly become boring, and extremely annoying after with all the fillers.

Not recommended, waste of time.

Aggregator gang
@Siquall I disagree. Sure, it's a rom-com but it focuses more on the comedy than romance. Even if it loses some freshness, it's still funny - all the way until it shifts more towards romance. And unlike most rom-coms, there is an actual progress in character development and their relationships. Also, all drama (there is not a lot of it but some is required for the romance part) is handled perfectly in this manga - resolved quickly and in the best possible way.
It may seem slow but for a rom-com focused on comedy, I'd say there is a lot happening in those ~50 chapters. I mean, where are we after ~50 chapters of Kuzumi-kun and where are we after ~200 chapters of Komi-san?

On the bright side(from someone who just pops in to check on it from time to time)
CH 50 was pretty darn cute though. Nice to see a another? it's been a while Kuzumi centric narrative.

Dex-chan lover
Finished up to volume 4 and felt like I was reading a bad Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless fanfiction through the whole thing, and I wouldn’t place Tanaka among my favorites even if I think it’s a good and fun read and worth recommending. And while this might have more “development” in the romance compared to Tanaka, if you are after that there are also other series with much better writing (and comedy too) out there.

Users who are viewing this thread