Kuzumi-kun, Can't You Read the Room?

>Lmfao the copy and paste, you can feel it in this one.

Which word precisely did I lost you darling?

Literally would have had 'lmfao' at how mechanically unnatural your gibbereengrish sounds, but maybe Ill hold myself myself back and be polite on the off chance that this is how you actually talk. Nevertheless, grieve your poor taste in silence if you have trouble with expressing through words.

>i really hope you don't talk like this irl. if so, you must have absolutely zero friends

Only an actual person with zero friends wouldve used the condescending 'fake concern' remark followed by this kind of suspiciously specific, passive aggressive insult. I dont give a shit about you, so neither should you about me. As such, capsule that surplus empathy in repository and stuck it deep into your rectum.

Other than that, on the risk of repeating myself: grieve your poor self in silence if you dont have anything valuable to say, or if cant critically address points raised prior, just like the idiot pinging me before you did.

Dex-chan lover
There is not a single fucking at the end? Shit manga is shit manga!

Dex-chan lover
Any news on a new manga by the author? Just revisited this after the epilogue. Bless.

Dex-chan lover
Say what you will, but I think this is a decent depiction of someone with high functioning Autism.
-Kuzumi doesn't speak and rarely makes eye contact with anyone. This is common for people with ASD, and is one of the tell-tell signs of it
-Kuzumi is very intelligent and performs well academically which is not rare for high-functioning people. He also seems very invested in specific information, i.e. he learns a lot about birds and studies them extensively. This specific kind of knowledge is very typical for people on the spectrum as they tend to get caught up in one specific area of study
-Kuzumi doesn't always pick up on social cues unless it's obvious or because he sees something that others DON'T see because they're caught up in their own social cues (such as when he breaks the window because everyone is pressuring FMC) This is exemplified as he hangs out with someone who everyone else views as intimidating because of his face, which is something people on the spectrum typically have trouble reading.
-Kuzumi is commonly depicted with headphones which people view as unusual as you're not allowed to wear them typically in school. Why is he allowed to? People with Autism typically have issues with sensory and so will listen to music or wear headphones to block out the sound.
-Kuzumi immediately tends to run away or withdraw into himself whenever he gets stressed about something.
His first instinct when he is confessed to by Sakura is he runs away, and when Sakura questions his career choices, he bluntly dismisses it and stops responding.

People keep saying that Sakura and Kuzumi don't work, but when you look at their relationship as a girl trying to understand the actions of a boy on the spectrum in which most of his "quirks" are not atypical of ASD, things start making a lot more sense and you can begin to reason and understand Kuzumi's actions and like him more as a character overall. This isn't "manga about person with a communication disorder number three million," but rather "an interesting, fluffy look at the relationship of a boy with Autism and a girl who is unaware of it." I think people need to give this manga more credit than it is getting and Kuzumi is definitely a far better character than he appears on the surface because of it.

Group Leader
We got a bunch of peeps arguing for some reason about escapism and autism or some shit but i'm just here wondering why the fuck is there no 4-koma tag?

@Tamerlane very interesting analysis of the manga! very intelligently put. another manga which depicts a character on the spectrum in a sort of slice of life/comedy with romantic implications sort of way is 'yugami-kun ni wa tomodachi ga inai', or 'yugami-kun doesn't have friends'. perhaps you'd enjoy it if you appreciated this manga.

Those who actually rated this 1-3 I swear this COVID-19 actually came to wipe those fcuks out.

Dex-chan lover
Kuzumi and Haruna are like Tanaka and Ohta..

but more silent, yet more energetic.

Does anyone know of any more mangas that are just like this one or at least similar to this one?

First off, I wish we could pin Tamerlane's comment to this thread. I think the story wasn't perfect, e.g.
I don't get how Sakura fell for Kuzumi, and we didn't get any proper explanation other than "she just did"
, or how some arcs were cliché, but the manga overall was good. It is fluff with no bad guys, and all the characters end up as a tight-knit group. The first one third of the chapters are slow (depicting their first year so I it's normal tbh), and from there on it picks up pace in a good way, so that the manga is short and sweet as it ends (so the content is never too thick
and ends exactly as they graduate, I thought it was a good way to finish though so I'm not complaining
).

I know it's already labelled as such, but the general interactions of characters reminded me of my (not-so-distant) highschool years. Not many mangas achieved that so it's personally nice too :) Read it while considering what Tamerlane said and most of the unease the commenters here (myself included) has becomes insignificant leaving a beautiful, short and fluffy rom-com.

Contributor
Because someone's going to ask eventually, here's why chapters 26~51 (Volumes 5-8) are missing.

Due to licensing, Kobester11, the original uploader, requested that his group's releases (komi-scan wa komyushou desu) be removed from MangaDex.
https://mangadex.org/thread/249543 (Removal of group uploads)

However, other group's releases (i.e. Underdog Scans) for any chapters/volumes (hence Volume 1~4 and some bonus chapters) are still on this site.
A similar request by the same group (komi-scan wa komyushou desu) was made regarding Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu., which also results in 'missing chapters' on MangaDex.
Coincidentally, both Kuzumi-kun / Komi-san were first released by Underdog Scans, then picked up by komi-scan.

Of course, one can always seek out manga aggregator sites, but you will have to venture away from MangaDex for the 'complete' archives from now on.

Group Leader
I actually stopped reading this manga at chapter 46 because it only uploads monthly, Just completed whole manga now, One word to explain this manga "FULFILMENT". That was worth it, I felt the same when I completed Nisakoi. Start to end it was fun, Ending was the best, I recommend it, I would give 9/10.

Contributor
It seems an odd choice to remove the chapters just because it has been licensed. Both can exist. Oh well. Their work; their choice.

This is one series where I wish we had more chapters that continue after school, we also didn't even get to know Kuzumi's first name at all and only got 1 chapter from his perspective out of 50. FMC is also probably the most bearable tsundere(usually hate that character trope) ever, maybe because the story is from her perspective mostly so it is easier to forgive her being rude to the MC at times. Overall it is a great Manga although half the chapters got deleted here sadly.

This manga is completed, right? I feel like I already read the entire manga, but I don't see the rest of the chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread