Kyou, Eki de Mita Kawaii Onna no Ko. - Vol. 1 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
thanks!

I wonder how helpful 'material' really are to mangaka b/c other than copying references for buildings, a lot of them have pretty unrealistic plots lol

I wonder when he'll find out that JK is an otokonoko

(Aren't leather shoes really nice? i'm sure he can buy better ones if he preferred Unless they're 'standard/expected' as an office worker or so but if he works for a publishing company maybe he can be fine with some simpler ones other than visiting future clients tho idk how many ppl are looking at your feet unless you're clearly coming in wearing crocs/sandals)

there's no major train travel in my city but i wonder what the policy is for two teens missing their stops and potentially running out of money (unless minors can ride for free given how much stock ppl put into education), versus them asking for a ride from someone
I suppose this is the closest we can get to a beach episode.
maybe he'll have some kinda business trip in hokkaido and come across them lol

Dex-chan lover
thanks!

I wonder how helpful 'material' really are to mangaka b/c other than copying references for buildings, a lot of them have pretty unrealistic plots lol

He works with writers, not mangaka. The ones whose works were actually mentioned have been non-fiction writers so far.

EDIT: Also, after rereading I just realized that the "materials" are books. He mentioned going to Jimbocho to collect them. Jimbocho is the area in Tokyo where all the bookstores are concentrated, including those specializing in old and out-of-print books. There's another manga called Karakida-ke no Kosho Gurashi that depicts an antique bookstore in Jimbocho.

there's no major train travel in my city but i wonder what the policy is for two teens missing their stops and potentially running out of money (unless minors can ride for free given how much stock ppl put into education), versus them asking for a ride from someone

Er, no. All of Tokyo's beaches are reachable directly from the JR lines. Switch over from the subway then pay once for the distance you need to travel. Miss a stop? You just walk to the platform for the train going in the opposite direction. You only need to pay to enter the station and the ticket is consumed by the ticket gate when you exit. Also, most people use Suica cards.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
“That’s what being a boy’s like”
oh the pain of hiding your interests behind that smile… I feel it. Q-Q
He was definitely thinking that the sneakers were dull. :X

Dex-chan lover
He works with writers, not mangaka. The ones whose works were actually mentioned have been non-fiction writers so far.

EDIT: Also, after rereading I just realized that the "materials" are books. He mentioned going to Jimbocho to collect them. Jimbocho is the area in Tokyo where all the bookstores are concentrated, including those specializing in old and out-of-print books. There's another manga called Karakida-ke no Kosho Gurashi that depicts an antique bookstore in Jimbocho.

Er, no. All of Tokyo's beaches are reachable directly from the JR lines. Switch over from the subway then pay once for the distance you need to travel. Miss a stop? You just walk to the platform for the train going in the opposite direction. You only need to pay to enter the station and the ticket is consumed by the ticket gate when you exit. Also, most people use Suica cards.
oh i see, i swore one of the ppl he met up was with a mangaka, tho you'd think it'd be a 'writer like' thing to say, go to the mountains and experience it for themselves to write a story with that setting or so

Dex-chan lover
Since when have editors been gofers for those under their wing? Maybe this guy was supposed to be a famous author that the magazine really wanted to get, or something along those lines?
It's stupid that the resolution to it is essentially MC licking the boot of the dude, they even had the perfect set-up of MC nailing him when the Author complained about having to go buy the shoes for his son - "yes, it is unreasonable to do other's shopping" :pout:

Dex-chan lover
Since when have editors been gofers for those under their wing? Maybe this guy was supposed to be a famous author that the magazine really wanted to get, or something along those lines?
It's stupid that the resolution to it is essentially MC licking the boot of the dude, they even had the perfect set-up of MC nailing him when the Author complained about having to go buy the shoes for his son - "yes, it is unreasonable to do other's shopping" :pout:

Editors do play gofer for successful authors in Japan, even for mangaka. We just don't notice this when reading manga because a lot of mangaka characters in manga who have editors are either small-time or just starting. Plus, they're often depicted as being always late with manuscripts such that they're deathly afraid of their editors (whose job it is to demand those manuscripts for publication). However, in real Japan, most editors bully newcomers but can only beg their successful authors to meet deadlines. MC in this manga is actually what a HIGH-LEVEL editor would look like. Almost all his writers are at the level where him soliciting articles for them requires a lot of effort to satisfy their whims. This means he works mostly with successful authors. No small-timers he could bully around here. He's actually still managing a very good balance with his writers. There are real life cases of editors getting in trouble by indulging their authors' scandalous or morally depraved "needs".

Dex-chan lover
oh i see, i swore one of the ppl he met up was with a mangaka, tho you'd think it'd be a 'writer like' thing to say, go to the mountains and experience it for themselves to write a story with that setting or so
You might be thinking of Kobayashi the idol otaku from Chapter 4. Actually, Kameyama works for an economics magazine, so in this case these quirky people are all serious authors writing rather droll articles, even (surprisingly) Kobayashi. In fact, the reason he was looking for the idol otaku was to verify his data.

Dex-chan lover
Guess they have no choice but to stay at a love hotel overnight.
be hilarious if the crossdresser ended up being a 'playboy' with like 4-5 girlfriends (tho i guess crossdressing at an all boys school prolly would lead to some ppl having brief crushes on them)

Dex-chan lover
Page 7 is hilariously unrealistic in this case!

I wonder when he will find out that the girl is actually a trap.

I hope our protagonist gets to try some crossdressing himself. Maybe once he knows the truth he'll see that he can do it too.

Contributor
The products shown in this manga are real right? Like if the footnotes are applicable to real life and not like, in-universe flavor text. These shoes probably look hella cute irl

Dex-chan lover
The products shown in this manga are real right? Like if the footnotes are applicable to real life and not like, in-universe flavor text. These shoes probably look hella cute irl
Canmake is, as well as those gel pens

This is the specific handcream he bought, surprised the author is allowed to namedrop as opposed to doing a WcDonals even if it's a 'fashion' manga technically but who knows maybe they got permission/sponsored/etc

(although they do look cute overall but a bit generic with the ones he had on, but the 'sandals' while it looked cutesy/flashy seems like it'd be uncomfortable or leave a mark if it's not the exact size or slightly looser but i always just stick to sneakers/walking shoes)

Users who are viewing this thread