Kyou no Yuiko-san

Group Leader
This is the story of a high-level tsundere high school girl, Yuiko-san, whose extremes range from strict disciplinarian who hates rule-breakers, to rare moments of being adorably sweet, and her high school boyfriend, Tomoya-kun, who deserves a Nobel Prize for Patience. Although there are a couple of chapters devoted to side-characters, the story is mostly about the gradual development of Yuiko and Tomoya's romantic relationship.

It is pretty much a straight-forward vanilla love story of the best kind with no violence, delinquents, bullying or perverts. There is a tad bit of jealousy, but no self-appointed rivals, love triangles, or annoying third-wheel characters popping up here and there. The main characters are plain, ordinary high school kids, neither being the typical school idol nor love-struck idol-worshipper. Just a couple of average kids who have fallen in love.

And it has the singularly best proposal (yes, proposal, not confession) that I've seen in a comic.

PS: you can ignore idiot comments about NTR. If anything, there should be a [x] Vanilla genre tag.

good manga but i felt like the author wanted to include a ntr feel towards the ending for drama. still a happy ending

Good god the art is fucking painful, square face and the no nose friends on new adventures.

Why the hell is everyone talking about NTR? Jesus Christ. The male protagonist gets jealous because her girlfriend is on good terms with some other random guy. That's it. Just normal jealously that doesn't go anywhere because nobody cheats or even hints at cheating. Not to mention the exact opposite happens with the female protagonist getting jealous at one point.

I just wonder what the fuck was the point of putting that shit in the end. Did it get axed? If it was at the middle or something you could just say that it was to push MC or some stupid bullshit. Doesn't make it any better but at least it would make some sense. But right at the fucking end? What a fucking retarded author.

Wholesome romance.
Yuiko is a solid rare example of tsundere done right.

That ending feels kinda rushed. I feel like the author wanted to do more with the story but didnt have enough time so they tried to put it all in anyways and it kinda ended up making the story feel a bit off putting near the end.
In short, the ending feels way too rushed

Its fuking great sadly the ending was rushed and the art reminds me of nichijou ( which I hate ) besides that bs... it is a cute romantic romance

Dex-chan lover
@Mariusmaster You're just projecting your own insecurities on the characters. The entire point was Yuiko stepping out of her shell and actually having a social life. There was no falling for another guy, she was only getting along with friends for once. Male MC got insecure about it, but she reassured him that he doesn't need to worry about anything as she loves him, following with a proposal to get married.
@Imryse And why is that?

Dex-chan lover
@Imryse She proposed marriage and he accepted, that's pretty good for a rom-com, not to mention it was intentional that there was no time skip, it was supposed to be a "and their adventures continued" type of ending.

Dex-chan lover
@Imryse What vagueness? The manga was a rom-com sol, the couple got engaged, the girl and boy both had their character developed, this is far more than you normally get.

Users who are viewing this thread