Kyoukai Meikyuu to Ikai no Majutsushi - Ch. 62 - The Truth of the Labyrinth

Dex-chan lover
D-... Does the author not remember this is an isekai? That MC is in the world of a video game? One that he KNOWS the future for?

I'm a relaxed critic, so just acknowledging that this is different timeline than the game's lore is good enough for me. But at least stick to the setting and mention it!
I dropped this series a few years ago because the release schedule was kinda erratic and have been binging it the last few days and I've been thinking this exact thing the last 20+ chapters.

Like, I'm not one to complain about an author making something an isekai and then it never being relevant, but this one hasn't bothered to even mention that fact after the first five chapters or so; like, the isekai aspect only exists to explain why he's suddenly so powerful and is then completely swept under the rug as if it never existed.

At this point, you could rewrite the first few chapters to explain that his mother sealed his abilities to protect him and the near death experience broke the seal and nothing would change for the story.

Users who are viewing this thread