Kyoukai Meikyuu to Ikai no Majutsushi - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - What Lies Ahead (2)

Dex-chan lover
This is fine. They have reasons and its understandable despite being "harem end" stuff. Its not like they are MADLY IN LOVE or THIRSTING FOR MC DUCK the moment the story even considers it.

So yeah this is fine. Political marriage and its only an engagement to test waters. Its just the soft dating area which is natural. If things work out they work out. Also its normal to have many partners, atleast wives, in this world so yeah. I mean that kind of thing is prevalent in history so its pretty understandable why its a staple of Isekai stories.

Dex-chan lover
@Kyujyu agree. this kind of "slow and easy" harem progression is enjoyable to read. preferably with a hot cup of tea because coffee is for all-nighter grinds, not relaxation.

Aggregator gang
Well now we need the demi-human slave waifu and we are done.
Jokes aside it's really nice to have a MC that says what he wants and doesn't go in circle when the situation requieres it.

Dex-chan lover
I guess I was the only one who found the development a bit paper thin?
@Keimichi

It sort of is. Then again, this isn't the endgame for the Ashley's romance - it's just starting. The engagement is one of political convenience, and the relationship between them is only that of respect. Yes, it's all to justify them staying close to each other, just like any other convenient development like being classmates, or being an adventurer party member, or a relationship of servitude. With all the reasons outlined this chapter, their engagement wouldn't be so far out of left field, to the point that even the reluctant Theo is convinced and he had to propose out of courtesy.

I have to admit, it didn't seem romantic at all; it was just convenient.

Dex-chan lover
@Keimichi That development is half made of stuff that never happened but is now mentioned in a retcon manner. The paper is so thin you can see through it.

Double-page supporter
@kronix
Art imitates life. If you're looking for the root of Japan's social ills, you're gonna need to look elsewhere.

Eww dropping! I thought the harem was for a fighting/adventuring group like Nakumo's manga but it actually meant marrying many women to one guy which is disappointing. It was fun while it lasted.

Thx!!

Eh not the greatest story, but so far the two "wifes" are a half super strong vampire and a seemingly genius healer, seems pretty fit for fighting if you ask me

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter!
Gotta love politics, has to make a mess and complicate everything. Will probably end of with MC becoming engaged with both Ashley and Grace with both open to the idea. Although Grace would need to act and dress more like a lady and less like a servant. Then again, Greygia in Highschool DxD seemed able to switch and handle being both a lady and maid.

As for MC's mother. When he said she was cursed on page 17 was that because the demon cast malignant magic on her before dying or was it insults and condemning words by the ungrateful people who also scorned her? Unfortunately it's very common for people to be nice when need something and then act ungrateful and complain about not enough after getting help. That, or someone should fill their selfish expectations rather than stick to whatever agreement was made. Like if there is some strong enemy or monster can't defeat themselves it's expected some hero would come, save the day with no losses or collateral damage to the people, only the hero gets any injuries and suppose to sacrifice themselves to save idiots from their own stupidity. After defeating the monster they're then blamed for not showing up sooner, any losses from people couldn't protect or foolish enough to do something stupid that got them injured or killed, and are to leave quietly with thanks (if any) at most for payment rather than any agreed to contract as if don't need to eat or sleep or anything other humans need to do to take care of themselves.

@WanderingKaos Harems are a way of ensuring heirs to a bloodline of either nobility or talent. Considering there were numerous monsters that would've taken the group out, even if not particularly strong individually, if Grace and the MC weren't there. Numerous bodyguards are expensive and adventurers/mercenaries could be any mix of talent and reliability to inept and cowardly. Then there are those like the Snake Bite group who would've taken the job, killed everybody else, and stolen everything of value while claiming it was bandits or monsters. So basically there's a high mortality rate, especially travelling between cities, and therefore more pressure to ensure that talent or a bloodline doesn't die by increasing the number of offspring through multiple wives. In the Deathmarch manga the MC is informed sometime after receiving a high title (think it was Earl or Margrave,) that upon receiving a title of a certain rank or above the new title holder is required to marry within 1-3 years or the crown will arrange a bride for them to preserve the bloodline.

i love you theodore-sama. although i have only met you once, i do not know much about you or your life, but that one kind gesture which you did to me made me completely fall in love with you!

Fed-Kun's army
Man.. if this is manhua he’d be on four already begging “this is a misunderstanding senior! Please forgive me!”

Users who are viewing this thread