Kyuuseishu ≪MESHIA≫~Isekai wo Sukutta Moto Yuusha ga Mamono no Afureru Genjitsu Sekai wo Musou Suru~ - Ch. 30 - Resolve

Dex-chan lover
I like that in the end the mc wasn’t the one to win the fight, even if he’s op it’s nice to see an author let someone else other than the ‘hero’ win sometimes
I appreciate that too. I think the mc probably could have solved this himself but that would just have eliminated the whole entire point of this arc. Overall, I think this was a good resolution.

Double-page supporter
LMq6xVT.jpg

Some authors really don't know how to write poetry for magic chants
I think it's more of a Japanese to English thing. English is kind of a shitty language soooo. I imagine stuff like Buddhist chants and all that would get lost in direct translations. Don't think a lot of scanlaters are poets either. 🤣

Dex-chan lover
LMq6xVT.jpg

This isn't a magic chant, it is a prayer to Buddha; specifically, Buddha Vairocana's wrathful embodiment, one of the Five Wisdom Kings. Acalanatha (अचलनाथ), Fudo Myooh (不動明王), Budong Myeongwang (부동명왕); he has many names, but he is the embodiment of wrath for the Buddha Vairocana, who is the first Buddha and the center of everything (the void, nothingness). In fact, he is so well-known for this that he has another name; That of Candamaharosana (चण्डमहारोषण), or "Violent One of Great Wrath", he who uses cleansing flame to "burn away all impediments and defilements", who carries a sword in one and a noose in the other hand, which can bind even asuras; if that isn't tyrannical ([暴虐な] can also be read as violent) power, I don't know what is.

I think it's more of a Japanese to English thing. English is kind of a shitty language soooo. I imagine stuff like Buddhist chants and all that would get lost in direct translations. Don't think a lot of scanlaters are poets either. 🤣
It's a literal translation of what was written in the raws, and is accurate to who she is beseeching.

Dex-chan lover
This isn't a magic chant, it is a prayer to Buddha; specifically, Buddha Vairocana's wrathful embodiment, one of the Five Wisdom Kings. Acalanatha (अचलनाथ), Fudo Myooh (不動明王), Budong Myeongwang (부동명왕); he has many names, but he is the embodiment of wrath for the Buddha Vairocana, who is the first Buddha and the center of everything (the void, nothingness). In fact, he is so well-known for this that he has another name; That of Candamaharosana (चण्डमहारोषण), or "Violent One of Great Wrath", he who uses cleansing flame to "burn away all impediments and defilements", who carries a sword in one and a noose in the other hand, which can bind even asuras; if that isn't tyrannical ([暴虐な] can also be read as violent) power, I don't know what is.
Wow, thanks for the explanation!
And Sorry for my statement before, since I don't really know that much about Buddhist custom.

Dex-chan lover
LMq6xVT.jpg

You know the author didn't write it in English. You'll have to check the raws to verify whether they had talent for poetry or not. It could be just translator's flaw, it's not easy to localize stuffs like these :kek:.

Dex-chan lover
How did MC use divine flame? Some pages before that, he said he didn't have divine skills.

Double-page supporter
It's a literal translation of what was written in the raws, and is accurate to who she is beseeching.

Oh yeah, I meant like, the flow? of the words is lost in translation. Cause chants and whatnot tend to sound better when spoken in their native language, where if you translate it to English to say it, you get that not-very-smooth sounding chant? Poetic? Rhythmic? Something something something.

Dex-chan lover
Oh yeah, I meant like, the flow? of the words is lost in translation. Cause chants and whatnot tend to sound better when spoken in their native language, where if you translate it to English to say it, you get that not-very-smooth sounding chant? Poetic? Rhythmic? Something something something.
A lot of that can be dealt with by just changing cadence, but yeah, I agree that English is relatively harsh compared to a lot of other languages in regards to flow, though that's intentional due to how it was formed from Germanic languages, unlike Romance languages or others under the PIE root. She doesn't speak in Sanskrit here, unlike the previous chanting, though, so this is more meant to be forceful speech, I'm pretty sure.

Users who are viewing this thread