L♥DK

I guess harem is not my cup of tea. I kept being bothered by the MLs past and all the girls who like him. He acts "mature" but hurtful esp in the early tension. He's supposed to be smart but almost always impulsive. I guess I just can't stand him. He really got issues.

I remembered reading this years ago and revisited it. Though ~tension~ of them living together is definitely entertaining, the author also takes the opportunity to discuss different family dynamics through the side characters. I really appreciated the author's sense of humor, and would say it was one of the best things about this manga.

Something I see a lot in shoujo mangas is that although the fml is the main character, the directing is so centered around discovering the ml's past and character growth. We rarely see character growth from this fml (e.g. no taking "initiative,"), and she exists almost as an all-understanding maternal figure to comfort and accept the ml's traumas.

One last thing I'd like to note. I hope sexual harassment isn't handled with a comical aspect or so lightly in future mangas, though I understand this manga was from years ago.

All in all, a great shoujo manga of the 2010's. I would rate it a 8.7/10.

Users who are viewing this thread