Lady Evony - Vol. 1 Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
I love this series so much.

What a beautiful horse, I'm so glad she's got a non human friend to bond with now too.

And that poor widow, I hope she gets what she deserves and all those greedy men trying to tear her to shreds get bridges dropped on them. The way women are treated in this country of theirs makes me so sorrowful.

@purplelibraryguy
Wasnt the reason she was pulled out of prison because the "barbarian" Queen demanding she be released? So the king's nephew stepped in so that a war or bad relations wouldn't occur.... Right?

I do get what you're saying with it being a bit rich to base a feminism plot around her wanting to please a man but I figure the plot will move past that as she comes into her own agency and learns to act independently. After all she didn't have that as the starting point, she and all women in that country have been stifled and suffocated into terrible positions. Hopefully it'll involve her securing a life independent of his excellency but for now she must work with an ally in order to pull other women away from the executioners grounds.

Wow this the first feminist manga I've seen. Kind of reminds me of Margret Atwood stories.

Whoa Whoa whoa!!!!!!!!!! This is freaking lit!!! Amazing.

So excited for the next chapters.

Fed-Kun's army
@ghusjil It still goes on today in places like Taliban controlled parts of Afghanistan...

Women whose own fathers and brothers stone them to death for getting raped...

Women aren't allowed in public without a relative or husband.

Women aren't allowed to show any part of their skin

Women are not even allowed to speak in public

Meo

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the Archduke gets her. She probably enjoys "earning" the horse (as a reward) much more than being "gifted" one because he likes her.

Aggregator gang
The Duke is interesting but I don't think I'm sold on the romance anymore. The dynamic is a bit...I dunno, I'm just not into it atm. I still like the plot and both characters tho.

Dex-chan lover
Wow... in that country even woman can't touch horse? it's not logical. If horse reject them, it that mean it know them they inferior from women who touched it and don't acknowledge them as women.
I bet men in that country much worse than trash compare men from outside country. Of course it with exception for ML.

I love how people still think her personality did a 180, when in this very chapter we see that she has always been rebellious, dissatisfied with her lot in life. Did you not see that scowl when she hears that she has to ride in a man's arms in order to touch a horse? She's revealing her original personality.

her personality never did a 180, it's just been stifled from years of abuse + being on death row for 5 years. hell, wouldn't you stifle your personality if it meant survival? now that she's away from the abuse and been given therapy, she has an opportunity to take control. ebony took that opportunity with both hands and ran with it.

Her personality never changed, but merely suppressed for survival. In the first few chapters, we could still see signs of her rebellious nature from her inner monologues. Now that she’s able to start loosing the chains that subverted how she actually is through therapy and treatment, she’s able to finally live up to her full potential.

Why would you give the most challenging horse to a beginner?
I mean, they're the most fun to ride, but you can't learn on them

I was cringing at her stroking and hugging the horse from the front and not the side, but consoled myself by figuring that it'd be well trained, but...

I mean, at least it was fairly well drawn though (if a bit too stocky)
Lots of these things lead me to believe that horses just don't exist in Korea XD

It's not that her personality did a 180, but more on the fact that she "overcame" all that trauma within such a short span of time. I know it's a manhwa but it's what put me (and I guess others) off. I mean I'm no expert but those early episodes showed signs that she likely has PTSD. And to overcome all that in just 2 months? Just cuz she got some pep talk from that archduke?? Lol, I mean the caring environment probably helped and her sessions with the doc too. But recovery can take years, and it's not just something that disappears almost completely and within such a short time like how it's shown here.

Point is, there's already a lot of misconceptions about mental health, unrealistic portrayals like this one clearly don't help either. People are just voicing their opinion on it and discussing it, yeah?

Still, it's been an interesting read so far except for they way they handled the issues with her scars (both physical and mental) and trauma.

Users who are viewing this thread