Land of the Lustrous - Ch. 90 - Devastation

Thinking about it now. What is really ironical is that Phos did find a job for cinnabar. Ever since she went back to the moon with the other Cinnabar got accepted by the other and got to do things and be trully usefull. It's sad because Phos who did everything to become useful and worthy ended up all broken, while all cinnabar did was waiting either for the moon ppl to take her or for Phos take her out of her situation (wich she did without really doing it on purpose ).
Nonetheless as Enma said, to me everyone is guilty of what Phos became as well as Phos is also responsible of what she became

The moment euclase is about to get wrecked
Haruko: turnops

Edit: Okay, serious note. This is so suspenseful even though I'm not keeping tabs on this series as I used to. I'm disappointed that this chapter is so short but oh well (except it's not 'oh well' because I'd like to see more in one go). I'm also disappointed the anime didn't continue since I imagine moments like this would look sooo cool in color.

Euc was the only one who would hear Phos out, they even offered it to the other gems but Bort didn't want to listen so they shattered Phos and Rutile is the one who said to throw them into the ocean but then Cinnabar said to put the pieces of Phos into the boxes and all the other Gems agreed. This is obviously a simplified summary of what happened a few chapters ago but my point is that Euc was never one for violence and they always tried to hear Phos out.

What Phos did showed that there is nothing left in them that would even consider mercy or democracy. They've tried that before and it didn't work so obviously the only thing left to do after is to shatter every last one of them. What else is left?

That being said, I do hope that Cinnabar or Jade knock at least a little sense into Phos, it's more likely that Cinnabar is going to considering the relationship those two had. But I hope that Jade at least gets a few punches in.

But if Phos does shatter Cinnabar, someone who technically saved them from Rutile (it wasn't the saving we would normally associate with being "saved", but they did still save Phos from being thrown into the ocean because we all know that Rutile would have done that), someone who Phos said they would save, and someone who is less hard then Phos then I can't see Phos granting mercy to anyone else, Moon Gems or not.

Note: I didn't use male pronouns because I didn't want anyone to attack me for using those or female pronouns for the Gems.

Isn't Cinnabar already broken? When Phos ordered the lunarians to finish Cinn there were various "crack" sounds

Double-page supporter
Will there be a day when Phos heartily smiled just like how it used to be..? This is madness. But I don't dislike it even a bit.

i am honestly so fed up with this whole plot that i just want them all to go fucking hell lol

would be great if this ended with moon dorks plan just failing horribly and them living with the disaster for all eternity.

Dex-chan lover
It's been a while, I forgot: did she genuinely want to talk with the Lunarians or was she just trying to bullshit Phos?

What was interesting in the early chapters about Phos was the conflicting motivations he had. Now Phos is just a one note cardboard character.

Pure savagery. This is rough.

We're definitely not getting a happy ending with this one LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread