Land of the Lustrous - Ch. 99 - The Beginning

Group Leader
Phos has been subjected to so much. I'm happy that he even get a chance to interact with something at all. I just want him to be happy. :cry:

Dex-chan lover
Binging this series for the past week was something else, I never expected something so amazing. I hope this series continues after it ends, in some way at least.

Dex-chan lover
I think I get you, this pronouns nonsense shouldn't be a thing for this character.
Fr at this point. But throughout the whole run the translation has always used male pronouns. Why? Is that in the original? If so, I guess I don't know the author very well.

Dex-chan lover
Fr at this point. But throughout the whole run the translation has always used male pronouns. Why? Is that in the original? If so, I guess I don't know the author very well.
Yeah, the point was that the mineral characters were after some mythic people who had the face of a woman and the body of a man (I don't know if they were supposed to be that slender), and that meant they could choose how to refer to themselves since they didn't even know they were an asexual species.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, the point was that the mineral characters were after some mythic people who had the face of a woman and the body of a man (I don't know if they were supposed to be that slender), and that meant they could choose how to refer to themselves since they didn't even know they were an asexual species.
Crazy. Sounds very post modern. I'm not so fond of this series anymore I think. Interesting concept, just not for me anymore.

Fed-Kun's army
Crazy. Sounds very post modern. I'm not so fond of this series anymore I think. Interesting concept, just not for me anymore.
That guy's wrong lol. The author already stated that the gems are genderless, and are only referred to as "he" in the fan translations because of some Japanese->English translation shenanigans.
None of the official translations in the show or Manga refers to them as male.

Dex-chan lover
That guy's wrong lol. The author already stated that the gems are genderless, and are only referred to as "he" in the fan translations because of some Japanese->English translation shenanigans.
None of the official translations in the show or Manga refers to them as male.
Very cool. Thanks man.

I kinda wish I never read this manga anymore. Sure, it's peak, but I don't like this feeling in me at all. I can't explain it either.... man, idk

Users who are viewing this thread