Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Phosphophyllite

Dex-chan lover
It really is NOT hard to refer to them in a gender neutral way, the anime subs I watched did it fine even, and yet here we are.

Hope the translations improve.

@Mother_Mushroom Personally, I really like the art. It's surreal and interesting. It's not so surreal that I am completely lost, just surreal where the space isn't straight forward but there is definitely a story happening.

There is a lot of Buddhism imagery going on here like the senpai who is wearing a monk's robe and the first enemy who looks like a Bodhisattva.

A: art style is pretty messy and, when in black and white, some characters can blend in
B: why.. why use he/him for a gem? I mean, some gems it makes sense for (Antarc and Padparadscha), but Helio doesn't quite give off a masculine impression at all. Then again, most gems do use more masculine words, but that could be something they picked up from Sensei

Fed-Kun's army
Well, I decided to re-read it again after dropping this manga in the past. Coming with a new perspective helped me find why this manga has been liked by so many people.

Dex-chan lover
rereading this do be hitting different
gotta get through the 10,000 year hiatus somehow

Dex-chan lover
starting my first read of this manga now im pretty hyped to see why so many people like this manga. the first chapter was pretty nice but I already know I will have my problems to distinguish the characters

coming here from the anime: i do really like the artstyle of this! it's a little hard to distinguish between the characters, and the art's a bit messy, but i think i'll manage and become accustomed to it. plus, i can't imagine there being absolutely no improvement in art throughout the course of this manga. i'm pretty excited to see the rest of the story unfold..

Users who are viewing this thread