Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 11 Ch. 85 - Birthday

Ichikawa just had to add this calm before the storm... you know for maximum suffering.

Aggregator gang
Chapters like these really highlight how gems just dont care about Phos or anything as long as they are satisfied in whatever utopia they can have or make. I guess is nice they can enjoy their time together, but I'm more curious about the conflict around the corner. A part of me is almost expecting everyone who went with Phos to turn on him and screw him up one last time, but also that would be kinda repetitive.

Oh dear, where do i begin?.. All of this is just like human nature, this whole manga in fact is an analogy of humanity. This chapter in particular. Phos and the others are on their way to shatter the earth crystals into pieces for their own goal. The earth crystals just wanna have fun and enjoy life, oblivious about the interests of phos, or they just dont care.
It's a lot like war, if you think about it. Both sides have goals which the other dont understand or dont care about and in the end, phos is becoming what they hated in the first place, the lunarians. The invaders, who come in regular intervals to make life hell for the earthlings. They became like this through betrayal from their earth friends and through alienation from the lunary crystals. It's really damn depressing if you think about it. Belonging to none, having nowhere to call home and ONLY because you wanted a quiet life with your friends. That wish costs you your home, your friends and your sanity. We would probably end ourself bc we dont see a future anymore. The crystals can't do that. Neither can Adamant nor the lunarians. It's a tale of immortality, the loss of sanity and the journey from being happy, cheerful and oblivious to depression and suicidal tendencies with a deathwish for every living thing...

Sorry to ramble here, have to collect my thoughts on this masterwork of a manga but have no one to talk to :v

Main takeaways: 1. Adamant knows Aechmea by name. It's not clear if this is from the Lunarians trying to negotiate with Adamant before, or if it's from Adamant knowing Aechmea while the latter was actually alive as a human. If it's the latter, what if part of the reason Adamant won't pray is because it would make former humans he knew cease to exist, and the gems are less of part of it than Aechmea let on?
2. Adamant seems to have more or less predicted what's coming and has done little to prepare or anything.
3. The shit we thought was going to go down this chapter is certainly going down next chapter.

Side notes: 1. Cinnie box kawaii af.
1.b. Did Obsi line the box with... himself? Why's his arm dripping?
2. Even if Rutile couldn't get in the spirit of celebration, decorating Padparadscha was a nice touch.
3. "It feels as though good things are coming." - come on, man.

Aggregator gang
@sn89hh This is something I was thinking about earlier. Is no surprise he knows Aechema by name considering they both have been alive for eons now, however this wouldn't be an issue If it weren't for the fact Aechmea threw a look-alike of the creator of Adamant, the "professor". So I'm guessing Aechmea was actually a colleague of the professor? It would explain a lot, but is still a huge mystery what exactly is the deal with him and the lunarians.

H5VbhHb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread