Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 11 Ch. 86 - The Onset

Fed-Kun's army
I wonder what would've happened if alex didn't pass out. Benito definitely wouldn't be and to hold him back.

Ohh, I really wanted to see Alex take a stance, man... :( Also, I swear I love Dia but they're at least 500 years late for therapy, I don't think it will work out for them at all. Bort is a natural predator, after all. :/ My only wish is that breaking Dia will break Bort and we can then move on to battles with more interesting odds.

Thank you for the scanlations, as always. <3

SMASH EVERY ONE OF THOSE EARTH GEMS

Then proceed to piece them back together again.

@Nakanowatari The Earth gems don't know that though and willfully kept themselves ignorant. Why'd you think they buried Phos for centuries and not bother to ask any questions? (Euclase included, she thought about it but ultimately did nothing anyways)

1579883126891.png

Phos is just literally a villain now. Not like this sob
Yeah when you bring a force of >1550 lunarian ships to take out...............~22 gems.
thats not even a reasonable response.

EDIT: Holy s*** my estimate increased to around 3000-4000 ships. thats ridiculous.
The Earth gems don't know that though and willfully kept themselves ignorant. Why'd you think they buried Phos for centuries and not bother to ask any questions? (Euclase included, she thought about it but ultimately did nothing anyways)
Adamant isnt able to tell them more than "im the reason why they attack". they cant trust phos since they have proven to be a traitor and untrustworthy. Even then phos didnt explain themselves to the gems properly. They tried screaming at bortz but.......well...they were just "Admant is just a machine!! he doesnt care about us! the only reason the lunarians attack is because he doesnt follow their wishes!" they focused on getting to adamant and dismissed the earth gems (even before they showed they attacked phos on sight)

Dex-chan lover
Adamant praying may kill ALL lives descend from human. That's mean the Admiralbilis, Gems and Lunarians.

Adamant also had several hundred years of truly bonding with the Earth Gems. He might have told them everything.

Pho's may only have 1/4 of a face now, but that was still an epic reaction when Alexandrite turned around and promptly passed out. You can pretty much hear him thinking:"Oh god, my party is so useless!"

Earth gems did nothing wrong. They were just trying to protect their peaceful way of life. Don't fall for moonie propaganda.

Dex-chan lover
I can't take Diamond seriously while she's wearing that big goofy bow.

I think I'll unfollow this. I don't know really know what's going on, I don't really even like it, it's better binged than in month-apart short chapters, and the pronoun discussions in the comments are the bane of my existence.

Dex-chan lover
I like how the color scheme of Dia and Bort have Dia in shadow and Bort illuminated in light but at the last page it completely switches.

Actually I just noticed Bort making an incredibly kind and gentle face when talking to Cinnabar. That is really what pushes Dia because Dia's Bort is cool, rough, and sharp and very much not someone to give such a kind warning.

I think Phos really just wants to serve up some revenge for being broken apart, buried, and forgotten about for 100 years. She's/He's also definitely looking the part.

Dex-chan lover
This whole fight all stems on the lack of communication. Some believe that the Moon people are evil, others it's the Earth rocks. But the truth is no one knows the full story except for two people; Adamant and Aechmea, the former being unable to speak while the latter never bothering to explain unless directly asked and only wants to die.

Bort didn't realize that his obsessive impulse to protect Dia is what caused her to run away to the Moon, and Dia never bothered to explain herself and is now enraged after knowing that Bort lived a better life after ruining her own.

Shit, why can't people just talk?

AAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAA

I gonna start popping blood vessels if those fuckers Bort and Shitabar don’t shatter by the end of this.

Every time I think this can't get any better Ichikawa steps it up. Every page of this is fantastic. The shared glance between Phos and Cinnabar really drives home the "IT'S HAPPENING!!!"

@Claresilver47 it's a nice visual representation of the polarity that's always been there between the two, starting with their literal colors.
Of all the gems they're at extremes of extroversion and introversion - at the start, Dia wanted to fight together with Bort and Bort did as much fighting alone as he could. Bort essentially did this to protect and hold on to Dia while Dia came to want to be apart from Bort. Then Dia goes to the moon while Bort remains; Dia's extroversion blossoms into becoming a pop idol while (as we now know) Bort becomes the gem's version of Gregor Mendel and channels his autism into raising jellyfish. Now Dia's ready to fight Bort but the yin/yang simply spun in place and now Bort doesn't care about fighting the way he used to.

I love the touch on page 16 that the Lunarians built Dia a sword with a microphone handle so she can stage the fight in her pop idol way.

Users who are viewing this thread