Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 11 Ch. 87 - Stillness

Fed-Kun's army
so are we in the final arc ? isn't phos getting more materiel? but this feels like the end

Double-page supporter
Jesus fuck, Alex. Not that any of these "deaths" matter as long as the fragments remain on Earth and there's someone to reassemble them. Unless Cinnabar manages to screw up somehow.

Phos did absolute nothing wrong. Her actions are of sound mind and just.
While i know some would be joking about this ive found alot more dont actually realize just how much phos lost the moral high ground when they went to the moon.

The earth gems deserved to have their inaction and mistreatment of phos come back to bite them......322 years ago.
On the other hand now though if the old phos was a part of the gems during the 220 years with no lunarian attacks they would have been treated much differently. Their antics would be looked upon fondly (not as exasperated) and they wouldnt have been treated nearly the same way.

Cinnabar was accepted as a member that they liked and worked to include even outside of their usefulness in fighting phos. That after literal millennia of being essentially a self-imposed social outcast that the other gems were also wary of due to the literal poison they breathed it took only 220 years (no time whatsoever) for them to be reintergrated into gem society and universally liked.

Now though destroying the gem society isnt going to do literally anything. It will only destroy the very thing that phos initially wanted and not even get what the lunarians wanted.

I feel so bad cuz I'm really engaged with the characters but I can't stop reading exactly because of that.

Those hypocritical earth gems are finally gonna reap what they sow lol.

Double-page supporter
Is it bad that I'm rooting for Phos, the "villain". Serve those Earth gems right for treating Phos like shit the entire time.

Dex-chan lover
@dragonstar457
On the other hand now though if the old phos was a part of the gems during the 220 years with no lunarian attacks they would have been treated much differently
And what brought about those 220 years of peace?

As for "universally liked", I think the schism between the Earth Gems and Moon Gems is evidence enough for how much it's worth to be "liked". Just look at Diamond's psychopathic apathy when she heard that the Earth gems broke Phos apart.
In case you missed it, the gems are literally soulless.

Aggregator gang
I feel absolute dread and I don't hate it. Help.

Edit: On one hand I think phos is justified but on the other hand she is basically hellbent on genocide

I hate this!
I will proceed to keep reading this because I love the fact that I hate this but I hate it!

This is pretty close to exactly what I wanted to see in this scene: the diamond class kin shattering each other and Alexandrite going cold-blood killer. That little moment with Beni and Nepti was a nice bonus. :)
Now, I fear more pain will come, as we get down to Phosiness. >__> Still here for it all, though. :D

Users who are viewing this thread