Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 12 Ch. 95 - End of the Fight

I don't think it's tricky, because they only started that "war" because Adamant refused to pray.
Adamant created the problem, because he became attached to the gems.

Remember, all those gems where lost. All those gems where "killed", but because they made an agreement with Phos they went beyond their capabilities to create that solution to recover their minds from death (in a way Phos give the Lunarians the "job" it had promised to Cinnabar).
The didn't trick anyone, they just kept their word. Unfortunately Phos couldn't made Adamant pray, and ended breaking him. Fortunately with that hew technology they developed they could recover his mind to help turn Phos into their savior.

Things just didn't went smooth as everyone would had wished.

So so so....i disagree with a some parts of this. specifically that the lunarians were somehow justified in their actions or didnt trick anyone. Aechmea planned it all. they planned to break phos mentally speaking and get someone to pray. Whether it was adamant or phos is immaterial at the moment. They lied and deliberately construed the conflict to be a simple one with one true answer to it. In fact it was not that at all. aechmea led everyone to believe it was that simple.
As seen with shiro and the boardgame they achieved nothingness without adamant praying for them. Aechmea deliberately concealed that to be certain that getting adamant to pray was the only known way and phos would break themselves trying to do so. They needed to get a collective desire for nothingness from all the descendents of humanity so they would all be prayed away. So the war was designed to break the gem society and get them all to agree to become nothingness. the gems were not the same as the lunarians however and didnt feel the same psychological drive to do so and the war was aechmea trying to break the gems wills. they succeeded with phos and transformed them into a human. Once they did that then adamant has (yes has, adamant is enslaved to any "human") to obey them and now it wouldnt matter if all the gems desired death or not since now the lunarians can get adamant to pray.
Since adamant was actually broken beyond repair the plan was adjusted to get phos to become a prayer machine/god so they can pray all the (former)gems, admirabills, and lunarians away. They needed to isolate phos (taking antarc and any other gems that were close to phos, seducing cairn away, telling them about adamants "armor of love" that doesnt actually work that way, the gem restoration project working but not really, etc) and keep them singularly focused on the goal of getting adamant to pray. That way even if they learned the truth (if adamant prayed *everyone (not just lunarians) becomes nothingness) they wouldn't care.
The lunarians succeeded and lied the whole way (or misconstrued/distorted the truth to suit their own needs) to achieve their goal.

Also they just happened to find a crater that coincidentally contained ALL the gem memories? even the ones with hardness below 5 who were thought to be lost? and that place was the crater that the lunarians were originally from? and somehow the gravitational pull was enough to grab all inclusions and store them at the bottom of a crater in ice that is good to preserve them? Yeah..................i really doubt that was just recently discovered. more like created with a plausible explanation to hide the true nature of aechmeas machinations.

dragonstar457
I agree with what you’ve said but I think Aechmea committed one crucial mistake. After the battle against Phos, Cinnabar’s remnants were completely covered in mercury and alloy. I have the feeling that Ichikawa didn’t mention him after gems were turned into lunarians deliberately , implying that he indeed is still lying under the mercury. Lunarians probably didn’t take him because they didn’t notice him or they couldn’t take him (because mercury is still dangerous to them).
So I think Phos isn’t alone and remnants of gems haven’t lost yet and that they’ll soon be the ones to attack, maybe even with new members (I’d like to remind you that 10 000 years is pretty big portion of time and chances are slim that no new gems would be born in that time). But hey that’s just a theory, a GEM THEORY.

Cairngorm said "Character development? Who is that the only person I know is Aechmea". The only significant development (or regression) in their character was when they decided to remove Ghost's fragments from their eyes.

Fed-Kun's army
Hopefully phos is able to obtain at least some sort of happy ending, even if it’s as small as them living their new life

Fed-Kun's army
Hopefully pho’s will meet some of the new gems and befriend them. Pho’s could be the new Ademet.

Dex-chan lover
well everyone's not dead now i suppose?

what happened to phos?
huh???
oh well. phos is just gonna be stuck there for ten thousand years i guess.

end of an arc too most likely

Fed-Kun's army
Is phos human? I should probably go and read the fan colored version.

You know guys, I don't know if what Phos is gonna experience in the next 10000 years is pain only. Yes they've been royally manipulated by Enma at some point, but their original traits of kindness and curiosity have never gone. And they're gonna learn about humanity's history while becoming the closest being to Adamant. Sure it's not happy, but a silver lining of sorts is they get their curiosity satisfied, gain a massive wealth of information, that they will be able to use however they see fit.

U know what. I hope when Phos comes back. He just won't care about the lunarians or the gems anymore. I hope he just goes "why should I pray for u?" And then just start wondering the world and the sea.

It seems that the process might start again being Phos as the new adamant and we might see new gems... I think the cycle begins by Phos seeing a new gem lying in their birthplace and knowing Phos, I think that they might do what Kongo Sensei did the last time since Phos is seeing what the adamant sees in the past...

Dex-chan lover
phos: *sitting in the mcdonalds drive thru* please give us a break. please just give us a break

Users who are viewing this thread