Latna Saga: Survival of a Sword King - Vol. 1 Ch. 16

@cor3zone at no point does Artis seem to be actively doing that? he just talked in a misleading way (or maybe that was the translation lol) once. Also, even then, why would MC refer to him as female when they're alone or when he's thinking?

Dex-chan lover
@crochetcocoking Doesn't have to be active. When MC saw Artis naked, Roud said "You defile the lady of our party...!?" Several other people have also assumed Artis was female. At no point did Artis correct any of them, not even MC. Also, remember that MC comes from a modern world, similar to ours. Maybe he assumes Artis is transgender, and treats one of his few 'friends' like they seem to want.

Edit: chapter 7 even spells out that MC eventually learns that Artis is hiding being male.

I don't see why this is such a big deal? Artis isn't complaining about it, so why should MC change anything?

@cor3zone Well, in chapter 11 Artis straight up says "what if i'm a dangerous man"

In fact in chapter 7 when Artis is revelaed to be a dude MC goes "What? Lady?" to the Roud's "You defile the lady of our party", the same chapter says from MC's POV "I didn't learn until later that Artis was hiding his identity as a man".

This has nothing to do with anyone being transgender, in fact MC specifically doesn't realize that Artis is hiding him being a man.

Dex-chan lover
@Ace_Kuper Made an edit just before seeing your post.🙂

This chapter is also months after chapter 7. 9 months I think? 3 month timeskip while MC is in the party, and 6 months after quitting. Might have forgotten some, so could be even longer. Plenty of time for MC to learn about it, and it does show that Artis is in fact posing as female.

Edit: Artis also knows that MC is aware of the biological gender. So, why try hiding it from him? Either way, Artis never corrected anyone using female pronouns. So, it really doesn't matter.

@cor3zone Well, that's my point Artis isn't hiding it, he literally refers to himself as man. It has nothing to do with anyone being transgender or preferred pronouns at all. He is seemingly hiding it from other people, but he is pretty open about it with MC.

Jaimini's translation is just kinda subpar and all over the place. For example in chapter 9 Roud says
Code:
I lost everything Even My ... Egg
when he is actually referring to his balls. I'm reading the Leaviathan Scan's translation and their chapter 7 says "After, Roud learned the truth of Artis gender and had a hard time facing him again". In fact every translation in other languages i could find talks about Roud discovering the truth about Aris and doesn't even mention MC and it can't be that they used Leviathan english transaltion as a source, since their chapter 11 isn't even out yet. In fact even in this chapter by Jaimin MC thinks of Artis as "She" but says "young master" aloud to refer to Artis as a man, it's inconsistent for no reason and it's not about considering Artis feelings since MC refers to him as to a man.

Dex-chan lover
@Ace_Kuper I literally don't give a shit about other translations, or even the original. This translation is what I'm reading, so this translation is what I'm commenting on. In this translation, Artis is posing as female.

Edit: master can actually be gender-neutral. I just assumed MC meant magic-master.

@cor3zone Oh, you are one of those types that throw a tantrum s soon as someone disproves their point politely, just cause you already decided what is the truth and nothing else matters. Good to know that this was just a waste of time. It has nothing to do with being a magic master, he is referring to Artis being a young master of his nobility household.

MC in the next chapter 17 in this translation literally refers to Artis as HIm, it's just an inconsistent translation nothing more.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
@Ace_Kuper Oh, so you're one of those types to throw a tantrum as soon as someone calls you out on using unrelated matters to make a point? I made a point about this series, as presented here, and you used another version trying to disprove my point. You didn't, since any other translation is irrelevant to this translation, which I was in fact commenting on.

Also, you didn't 'disprove my point politely', you equated it to nothing:
This has nothing to do with anyone being transgender, in fact MC specifically doesn't realize that Artis is hiding him being a man.
Not disproving, but disregarding. This translation literally spells out that MC does realise Artis is acting trans, so it does have something to do with being transgender.

Either way, are you people so insecure you get offended by a fictional character possibly being transgender? Nobody answered my question yet: why is this such a big deal? Artis was presented as female, and didn't object. Why is it a problem if the person in question doesn't mind? I couldn't care less about it, I simply answered a question. Yet people dispute my answer despite it being accurate in this case? Why?

@cor3zone It has nothing with Artis being transgender, he doesn't act female, he doesn't refer to himself as being female. He just didn't say he was a male then Roud assumed he was female.
Maybe if you stop ignoring reality aka Next chapter 17 has MC literally refer to Artis as male
It might be difficult for him to endure it
Lich also instantly sees that Artis is male. This is just a bad translation it refers to "Roud getting his balls destroyed" instead as "Roud got his eggs destroyed" It just jumps from Him" to "her" in the same chapter because it's a rushed sloppy translation that's it.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
@Ace_Kuper It seems you aren't capable of discerning time. This is chapter 16, so using info from 17 is useless, since it hasn't happened yet. Also, spoiler tags exist for a reason, douchebag.

@cor3zone

Oh, so in a span of hours in real world and in the story Artis just stopped being transgender, because they finally fixed their translation? You do realize that not only i didn't spoil anything, i can also see that you already have read chapter 17?

Man, it's being nice to waist time, but go troll someone else, i'm out.

Dex-chan lover
@Ace_Kuper Using info from a future chapter while commenting on a past chapter is a spoiler, regardless of the info used. Can't fail to notice that you didn't even answer my question of why it matters so much. Guess you are insecure? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@cor3zone

Fuck it, i'll bite.

It's not an info from the future, when in previous chapters translation was jumping all over the place too. I just hate inaccurate translation, that's it. If it changed Artis from being transgender to just being a man for convenience, i would dislike that too. The thing is most of the Asian languages have no gender attached at all and it's pretty common for Korean\Japanese\Chinise stories to have the dense MC to mistake a girl for a boy, this time it finally seems to not be the case, yet here you are.

Dex-chan lover
@Ace_Kuper You literally quoted a future chapter, and referred to a character not even fully introduced yet. We only saw a face(?) in this chapter. That's a spoiler, mate.

Thanks for answering my question, guess I was a little harsh. I've seen plenty of people commenting on other chapters clearly not just bothered by mere translation issues.

@cor3zone @Ace_Kuper you're both silly
To me it seems more like Artis has a feminine appearance and just doesn't wanna bother with telling people he's not really female... Guess we'll know how it is for sure later

@crochetcocoking

That's the thing depending on which translation is accurate, it seems only Roud was thinking Artis was female and he had to face the reality when they were in the stagecoach, so it might highlight the depths of his denial when he attacks MC in the dungeon. Or it's Artis hiding being a male heir for political nobility reasons, since his house is supposed to be in ruins according to previous chapters. That's why i have problems with inaccurate translations, they loose all the nuance that might be relevant to the story.

Dex-chan lover
@Ace_Kuper You didn't just mention the lich. You literally used something it does in the next chapter to prove your point,
how it notices Artis' gender
, without a spoiler tag.

@cor3zone

So saying someone said "her" in the chapter will be a spoiler too? Not just me pointing out the translation being inconsistent? Sure whatever floats your boat.

Users who are viewing this thread