Lazy Cooking - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Banana Roti

Supporter
Not a student, not going to stop me making these! Can I use standard white bread, or is there something special about Korean bread that I'll be missing out on?

@MonsieurQuack 😂 not sure what you meant by korean bread but they basically used normal white bread and trimmed off the golden brown crust bits. If u google "white bread no crust" you'll see exactly what i mean xD

Supporter
@DyingWhale21 BWAHAA! Boy did I not make myself clear! 🤣 Ahaaa, no, what I meant was, apart from the crusts being cut off... is Korean bread different from generic white bread in the West? Is it sweeter, uses a particular yeast that Koreans favour, different consistency...

I'm 3/4 of a way through a bottle of red wine and you made me laugh far harder than was neccessary! :D

@MonsieurQuak, I believe any white bread would be fine as long as they are extra fluffy if you want to get it down to the T because bread in asian countries tend to be on fluffier side.

Dex-chan lover
Oh man, I haven't had roti since I lived in Thailand (redacted) years ago. I might have to try this...

Dex-chan lover
I might have to try this

Edit: I did try it. It turned out okay, but it's a bit difficult with bread in the west.

Group Leader
@Lukaliveon So true, the one thing I noticed when I lived in USA is that their bread is so hard and dry.

@MonsieurQuack I think the confusion is because this is not a korean webtoon, so I was also confused why you mentioned Korean bread 😂 You can get softer fluffier white bread at any asian bakery, taiwanese, japanese or korean bakery. I think regular white bread may not work as well if you flatten them.

Dex-chan lover
haha I tried making this recipe right away with this tasty fluffy bread that I had on hand buuut it turned out to be too fluffy to flatten and a bit to dry to seal so I ended up with french toast with bananas and condensed milk

Users who are viewing this thread