Legend of the Galactic Heroes - Vol. 6 Ch. 54 - High Admiral Reinhard von Lohengramm – The Battle of Astarte: Crushing Everyone (Part III)

Dex-chan lover
That's how good soldiers day. Worthless leadership, not listening to others or just looking out for their own glory.

Dex-chan lover
Carl von Clausewitz may have been right that "war is the continuation of politics by other means", but few things are more toxic to success than bringing politics to the battlefield itself. It has happened all too often IRL though, politicians too full of themselves and their games to the point they forget a real enemy may not be so cooperative. RIP man, you might not have evaded your deathflag but you sure didn't go down without trying your best.

Dex-chan lover
Dunno who that bozo a commander is but

tumblr_o0vh78FFA21ssg673o9_1280.jpg

Interesting choice to make Paetta more sympathetic here.

I think the reason given against the merge in the OG was still better, that Paetta just couldn't believe that the Fourth fleet would be defeated so quickly and that Yang's plan to abandon them was extremely callous.

Ironically enough, I guess that makes him more sympathetic there after all.

Interesting choice to make Paetta more sympathetic here.

I think the reason given against the merge in the OG was still better, that Paetta just couldn't believe that the Fourth fleet would be defeated so quickly and that Yang's plan to abandon them was extremely callous.

Ironically enough, I guess that makes him more sympathetic there after all.
Just curious. Which OG are you talking about here? The novel, or the 90's anime?

Group Leader
Just curious. Which OG are you talking about here? The novel, or the 90's anime?
90's anime or OVA version.
OVA version is pretty accurate to the novel when adapting the Battle of Astarte (ep 1-2) except the fact that the one accompanying Yang in the 2nd Fleet is Lao, not Dusty Attenborough (tho Artland fixed this change in the Overture to a New War movie and Fujisaki didn't make Lao appear until now).

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
The last scene with Lapp was very sad. I was reminded of a scene in the movie Das Boot In which they submarine was sinking uncontrollably. It was a reporter who had been assigned to be with the crew, and as the boat was sinking he withdrew to his rack and turned on a flashlight to look at a photograph of his family while in the background you can hear the anguished cries of the other crewmen.

In That case, at least, they survived. Even though the submarine was well beyond is design specs for depth, it did survive and they were able to make enough repairs to get back to port.

Users who are viewing this thread