Let's Lagoon

I can’t believe I have been reading this since 2009. Had some potential and then bloop. At least the conclusion wasn’t horrendous

OK so I'm guessing that Yamada returned and stayed with the second girl for the rest of her life? At least the manga never explicitly states what his plan there was.

Adds in an extra chapter. STILL DOESN'T GIVE A CONCLUSION. Grow a pair Mr. Author.

Conclusion still confuses me to this day. Might be a simple one or the author is just a faggot, who knows except for the author.

So we can say yamada in 10 years will be chika bf but he also will stay with a higshool girl nori? I guess when chika is old then he can fck around with younger nori, an absolute win

wew so what did really happened in the end? who did he marry or did he have a threesome with them idfk give me an answerrrrrr

Dex-chan lover
Not bad.
Reading this was definitely worth my time.
It'll be worth yours.

Dex-chan lover
The start was very strong, it reminded me much of an episode of The Twilight Zone(a paranormal TV series) or of the movie Castaway and had me very hooked. The manga got some confusing with the timelines but arguable held better than many Star Trek episodes I've watched. The timeline shifts did not feel like a gag to force action but an integral part of the piece that the story otherwise would not have worked with. Unfortunate then that the last six or so chapters were a let down, I thought Mr. Yamada would stay behind with Chika and Kamiyama with Yamada, this felt like the natural ending for the story. Worse still that Kamikaya was lost for ten years and she had a very open ending, where it is unclear if Yamada ends up marrying Chika or Kamykaya.

Of greater interest to me are the philosophical elements exploring the meaning of adulthood. In most cases they feel forced, that the manga is lecturing me about ideals rather than showing me empirical examples of adulthood. The only part I agree with is near end where Mr. Yamada explains that adults cannot just give answers to kids but rather they must discover themselves, which I think the entire survival experience Yamada had, of having to create meaning to keep living, to escape eventually, justifies this statement. If anything, I find the lectures quite annoying, that I should seemingly be grateful the great manga fed me bread crumbs of sacred knowledge. Although, this review is much longer than my other ones so I respect the manga for partly delivering on a very ambitious idea.

7/10.

Fed-Kun's army
I liked the ending he gave us. Just leaving to the imagination, so just choose your favorite waifu I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread