Level Reset – Gomi Skill da to Kanchigai Shita Keredo Jitsu wa Tondemonai Cheat Skill Datta - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Double-page supporter
No blame whatsoever on the translator for dropping this, it's pure, unadulterated ass. The MC spent years suffering in slavery, then he immediately agreed to become a near-death person's slave to have access to the thing that was literally just hanging off her neck out in the open (oh but don't worry, slavery in this world is "fair" so there's genuinely no tension with his decision and it changes quite literally nothing in the story except making the MC subservient to someone he literally just met for the rest of his life), then gets a power-up that breaks the conventions the story set literally a chapter ago.

Maybe making up thirty skills and having him test his luck to get something good each time he used his SP would get challenging for the author, but here's a solution, make the skills more expensive. It's like individual that came up with this world immediately realized, "oh wait, I'm going to make my life hell if I do this" and just decided to give the MC a skill that makes him God temporarily instead of adding even the slightest bit of realism by sticking to the promised concept. It would've been even slightly enjoyable to have him spin the wheel of fate each time to see how much he'd grow and what kind of skills he'd get, but no, we get all the build-up to him having hundreds of skills later on, and then have that chucked away to give him a single one.

I'm changing my rating from the series from a barely readable 5/10 to a 3/10. This is some unfettered ass, and not even in the ironic or funny way.

Supporter
"You gotta be a slave for me to trust you."
20240812060130-e65f1a7c-me.jpg

Nani the unko?​

Users who are viewing this thread