Leveling Up Alone - Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
just had the "this chapter has been deleted" as I finished reading 12 and moved here. Damn had me worried. :D Thanks for the mass release !

Maaaan this MC is so dumb, he can fight but he decides to let them step on him and threaten his father...

The commentators below have a few brain cells, so what they say is dumb.

How is he being stupid?

Is it because he's not injecting uncontrolled and poorly understood energy into his father's body? Against a magical disease that may very well feed off said mana to become worse?
Is it because he's not fighting back against the loan sharks? Loan sharks that would have dozens of employees, among them, likely hunters?

It seems logical for someone who's been on rock bottom for a significant chunk of his life to have a more submissive behavior.

MC pisses me off, but I do understand why he had to take the Submissive role in this, like @Happy_Demon said
Had the MC gone all-out it could only gone from bad to worse unless the MC got some MAD plot armor

Dex-chan lover
i dont know, i though he's at least "be creative"????
skill generation in this manhua is WAY TOO EASY!!!
5y/o kids with their imagination could easily make one!! although still limited by 5 y/o minds

for example, defense, or cure
look, he's "accidentally" create heal where a Doctor need few years just to able to cure patient!!! and i doubt even normal hunter are able to have heal in the first place. (look at those dumb hunter, they're practically all physical dmg, even his spell is way too long to cast)
he should make "mana shield" or similiar, let them punch you (but still ok). at least i would make them first, survival is the no1 rules!!!
i know he doesnt want to resort murder, but at least be prepared!!!

@Happy_Demon
i doubt a those loanshark even had one, if they did then they wont be small time loanshark and even that it's most likely just the head/boss. hunting get more $$$ rather than loanshark, unless he is a low lv hunter
well, if he can buff bullet, he "should" be able to debuff other, for example, frailty or occasional paralyse (cast them when driving for MOAR effect) at least "curse" doesnt seem warrant investigation from normal police. especially if it's just 1 sec paralyse
ah screw that, F those hoes, KILL IT!!!

@Kshatria Skill creation easy? Like when he ended up blinding himself or driving himself to exhaustion to create a skill? Something which the assistant tells him is dangerous.
Also, what makes you sure there IS a defense skill? There is no throw skill, as all he gained from driving himself to exhaustion, is the power strike skill.
If he demonstrates he has magical power, especially when he previously didn't, that will call a lot of attention to himself, attention he is in no need of.

Being able to threaten hunters is highly beneficial, and hunters are very powerful. Even if they don't have a hunter in permanent employ, they should easily be able to hire one temporarily, just enough to deal with a customer that clearly has more than they're handing over. If they find out he's reawakened, that means they can fleece him for far more than your average porter.
Also, buffing those bullets hardly seemed instant. Also, how are we certain debuffs exist if buffing is putting mana into something that previously was devoid of it? You can't remove mana that isn't there, and again, how can we be sure it's instant? Not to mention the mana cost, considering mana overuse can make people lose consciousness.
And how can we be sure that shoving a ton of mana into someone leaves zero trace?

Loansharks are slippery little bastards, that's why they keep existing. They skirt the laws and even manipulate them if the authorities are corrupt enough, they have more resources than their victim at the start, and then work to deprive their victim even further. They ensure every outcome is to their own benefit, and to the victim's detriment, because they know their victim hates their guts and would have no qualms about returning the favor for their oh-so-gentle treatment.

Double-page supporter
Why didn't you just beat the shit out of them, you fucking coward piece of shit garbage human waste!

Users who are viewing this thread