Life - Vol. 3 Ch. 23

I don't get how they managed to link the numbers to the average stock price in Japan on that day. Decent read though.

Power Uploader
Overall good manga, but that ending makes no sense. Why the hell would she write down the price on the Japanese stock exchange unless she was able to literally see 15 years into the future and know that it would be necessary for this exact situation? Also, this man is flatout admitting to murder but apparently we cant just pull a gun out and kill this motherfucker and then just leave. ALSO why is Takeda just randomly out of the goddamn blue cured of invariably fatal cancer? Just so much weird shit for a final chapter. Dissapointed we never even get a motive as to why this guy up and murdered his boss' daughter.

Double-page supporter
While I agree that the ending could have been better, I think it is not as strange as @Cloneable suggests.

No, they could not legally just pull out a gun and kill him. That is not how any modern justice system works. It may be frustrating, but there are valid reasons for having it this way. There are plenty of revenge stories that ignore law. This was just not one of them.

And, it is not clear Takeda was cured per se. It just seems the cancer had not gotten worse yet. In real life there are instances of miraculous cures. There are even more instances where a patient’s state of mind and/or emotions played a role in recovery or worsening. This is plausible.

As for a motive: Nakamura raped and killed Sawako. The motive was he wanted to have sex with her and then needed to cover up his crime. It’s self-explanatory.

The main point I agree on with @Cloneable is the issue of the radio. That was a bit of a stretch. It is kind of an odd thing for some average person to know what the rule of the statute of limitations is (that it counts down from confirmed day of death). Either Sawako is being portrayed as an inexplicable genius or else perhaps she recorded the numbers for other reasons (just to try to keep sane?). Could definitely have been better justified.

Still, really good story.

Dex-chan lover
Stock numbers was a weird ass way to catch the criminal, but goddamn if it wasn’t an amazing ride

Live on Takeda, live on

Also LMAO just shooting him

Yep, great read and Fukumoto again with those big numbers that somehow explains it.
Don't care so much if it has a plot hole, what it doesn't have fails is that this manga is made from raw emotions and still does while being really logical

Dex-chan lover
Great story, even if I agree the stock market thing is pretty weird. I don't mind him getting cured, but I wish there was one more chapter to wrap up the whole story a little cleaner. This feels pretty abrupt for a guy who was about to kill himself in the beginning. But overall, what a great little mystery thriller fkmt, he done it again.

Nice mystery! Did have some weakpoints, namely Sawako's deus ex machina via the stock prices and the fact that there was really only one candidate for the killer when accounting for the rule that they should be present in the story at or near the beginning. But otherwise enjoyed it, Takeda was a great character and it was nice to see him get justice.

Users who are viewing this thread