LIFE

Wow!!!
Finally finished it after reading 4 days.
Wholesome
Heartwarming
Lesson about life
Bullying
Friendship
Rate:8.5/10

Dex-chan lover
LIFE or "But I'm not done yet"

I love this manga. Like really, I recommend it. Just be careful. Now, time for those that already read it.

I never knew I could hate a fictional character so much that I wanted to literally kill them. And the only one I have actual empathy for is Manami.
I mean, she's a fucked up girl that I hate so much I want her to realise what she's done.

Now tho... I'm quite sad that Hatori had to go with her father but at the same time, it's a satisfying feeling to see Ayumu finally able to stand for herself and be happy without her.

Anyway, I'll give it a 9 outta 10. Would cry be happy again.

Because life is hard. But LIFE is wonderful.

Contributor
Kodansha has licensed both this and its sequel series.

that ending was a little bit meh, it shows ayumu grow as a character from a position where she needed to be supported to a one when she herself supports others, in this case miki, but besides that, i disliked how somethings were dealth with
I feel katsumi didnt get any real closure, he barely confronted his dad in a few pages and later on is shown to be in his home and thats all, ayumu didnt confront him the same way she confronted anzai, and katsumi didnt confronted manami, and he didnt got any punishment or real closure, nor any words towards his relation with toda sensei, she just gets busted for it and then they simply split
I find a little bit idiotic how anzai ended in the reformatory because of the bullying and not the murder attempt but i liked how she didnt really repent, anzai was irredemeable to the very end.
How anzai herself needed to convince ayumu to go the fucking police, in fact, how no one ever goes to the police in the first place despite all whats being done to ayumu
Having lots of characters crying over guilt felt annoying, infuriating even, yes they feel bad for being meanies to ayumu, it was clearly conveyed the first time hirose cried over it.
How Sonoda was barely a character, it feels like he was introduced in order to give ayumu an heterosexual romantic interest and he never went beyond that role.
Miki leaving felt a little forced, like since manami had been dealt with there wasnt any other possible source of drama, i guess she leaving serves to reinfoce the notion that ayumu has grown to be a more independent, capable girl, but i think the same could have been portrayed without her leaving.
And finally, how she never saw shina, her friend that couldnt go to nishidate, again, i was expecting them to reunite at some point and talk things over, but no

Besides those points, i liked how ayumu finally gets a fresh start at the school free of bullying and being welcome by her classmates

all in all, i liked it, i give it a 7 out 10.

that ending was a little bit meh, it shows ayumu grow as a character from a position where she needed to be supported to a one when she herself supports others, in this case miki, but besides that, i disliked how somethings were dealth with
I feel katsumi didnt get any real closure, he barely confronted his dad in a few pages and later on is shown to be in his home and thats all, ayumu didnt confront him the same way she confronted anzai, and katsumi didnt confronted manami, and he didnt got any punishment or real closure, nor any words towards his relation with toda sensei, she just gets busted for it and then they simply split
I find a little bit idiotic how anzai ended in the reformatory because of the bullying and not the murder attempt but i liked how she didnt really repent, anzai was irredemeable to the very end.
How anzai herself needed to convince ayumu to go the fucking police, in fact, how no one ever goes to the police in the first place despite all whats being done to ayumu
Having lots of characters crying over guilt felt annoying, infuriating even, yes they feel bad for being meanies to ayumu, it was clearly conveyed the first time hirose cried over it.
How Sonoda was barely a character, it feels like he was introduced in order to give ayumu an heterosexual romantic interest and he never went beyond that role.
Miki leaving felt a little forced, like since manami had been dealt with there wasnt any other possible source of drama, i guess she leaving serves to reinfoce the notion that ayumu has grown to be a more independent, capable girl, but i think the same could have been portrayed without her leaving.
And finally, how she never saw shina, her friend that couldnt go to nishidate, again, i was expecting them to reunite at some point and talk things over, but no

Besides those points, i liked how ayumu finally gets a fresh start at the school free of bullying and being welcome by her classmates

all in all, i liked it, i give it a 7 out 10.
i agree completely with all of this, you put all of my thoughts into words! i’d like to add that i think katsumi should’ve gotten punished. nobody else finding out about what he did to so many girls leaves that point feeling incomplete. that’s not the kind of thing you can brush off.

This manga really resonated with me when I was getting bullied , I love re-reading it time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread