Like, Share & Subscribe - Ch. 36

Dex-chan lover
Dammit Song Li you big dense autistic lesbian, you missed the kiss! :notlikethis:

Guess gay feelings were always her inspiration, before it was sad gay feelings due to a lost love, but now she have new happy gay feelings with taste of carrot to be her new inspiration :meguupog:

It's nice that neither is dense and actually understand what is happening, Song Li being a lesbian was pretty clear for a while, but I always wondered if Hu Laibo was gonna be dense about it and not realize what feelings are blooming between them, so it's really nice to see she was gonna accept the kiss and got disappointed :finnawoke:

Dex-chan lover
"Her sister", that's what we call "lying" my friends. Oh they both want it sooooooooo bad

Dex-chan lover
I have two questions and I hope someone can answer them:
  1. Hu Laibo knows Song Li is a lesbian?
  2. In China do they use the term "coming out of the closet" like we do in the west? I don't mean a equivalent, but literally coming out of the closet as coming out as gay.
Reason I'm asking is because Hu Laibo was hiding inside Song Li closet, Song Li did a kabedon in the closet which made Hu Laibo think she was gonna get kissed, but then when she realized she wasn't she ran away.

Now, I don't know if it's just a coincidence because in China they use different terms or if author is just not being subtle at all, but Hu Laibo did basically literally came out of closet for Song Li :meguupog:

Group Leader
I have two questions and I hope someone can answer them:
  1. Hu Laibo knows Song Li is a lesbian?
  2. In China do they use the term "coming out of the closet" like we do in the west? I don't mean a equivalent, but literally coming out of the closet as coming out as gay.
Reason I'm asking is because Hu Laibo was hiding inside Song Li closet, Song Li did a kabedon in the closet which made Hu Laibo think she was gonna get kissed, but then when she realized she wasn't she ran away.

Now, I don't know if it's just a coincidence because in China they use different terms or if author is just not being subtle at all, but Hu Laibo did basically literally came out of closet for Song Li :meguupog:
1. Kinda. It's unclear at this stage if even Song Li is fully aware she's a lesbian. (also I've read through the series enough the order of events start blurring together and I don't want to accidently spoil anything.
2. They use 出柜 (chūguì). Which literally means "(to come) out of the closet". It's borrowed from English. So the metaphor still works.

Dex-chan lover
1. Kinda. It's unclear at this stage if even Song Li is fully aware she's a lesbian. (also I've read through the series enough the order of events start blurring together and I don't want to accidently spoil anything.
Yeah I can imagine how everything blurs together lol, if I had to guess Song Li do know for a fact she loved a woman before, no illusions about that, but like in a lot of asian works she never really considered herself a lesbian or questioned her sexuality much, it just happened that she fell in love with a woman.

A lot of asian works seems to love doing that :thonk:
2. They use 出柜 (chūguì). Which literally means "(to come) out of the closet". It's borrowed from English. So the metaphor still works.
Oh so maybe the author really was rubbing it in our face, cause the visual was just too obvious :meguupog:

Thanks for the answer @amShepherd

Dex-chan lover
♾️ "To my Song Li" 🥕

Who is that from? Is it a half-confession? It's blatant and unsigned (?) though? Isn't Youyou is trying to set up Song Li with her crush? But it's probably auntie carrot? Either way, mission success. Handwriting isn't a kid who scribbles I just want to be sure
Oh so maybe the author really was rubbing it in our face, cause the visual was just too obvious :meguupog:

Thanks for the answer @amShepherd
Even more: Song Li nearly kissing her semi-closeted crush over a photo of her previous love which distracted her. She put the memories out of reach, and channeled the new love all night. :smugnako: Not so closeted anymore, hm~

Maybe her confidence was helped by a sign (?) that her love is mutual (real).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
♾️ "To my Song Li" 🥕

Who is that from? Is it a half-confession? It's blatant and unsigned though? Isn't Youyou is trying to set up Song Li with her crush? But it's probably auntie carrot? Either way, mission success.
Oh dang, "To my Song Li", good catch cause it completely flew over my head :meguupog:

Going by how it's written I kinda of suspect it is from Hu Laibo, and technically it is signed with the drawing of a carrot, which I feel makes since she accepted that as her nickname, I do think that at bare minimum she knew what was written in case Song You wrote it, now if it was meant as a confession is another issue altogether.
Even more: Song Li nearly kissing her semi-closeted crush over a photo of her previous love which distracted her. She put the memories out of reach, and channeled the new love all night. :smugnako: Not so closeted anymore, hm~

Maybe her confidence was helped by a sign (?) that her love is mutual (real).
I don't think Song Li was trying to kiss her unfortunately, but I do think you're on point with everything else, even if she didn't do it consciously, but one can't run away from their gay feelings, they were just delayed, at least it helped with her book so there's that.

Supporter
♾️ "To my Song Li" 🥕

Who is that from? Is it a half-confession? It's blatant and unsigned (?) though? Isn't Youyou is trying to set up Song Li with her crush? But it's probably auntie carrot? Either way, mission success. Handwriting isn't a kid who scribbles I just want to be sure
Yeah, I noticed that, and so did Song Li . . .

So, since we're asking the translator things . . . @amShepherd - the use of "my Song Li" in English has some really strong connotations, is that carried directly over from the Chinese or is there more ambiguity in the original? It's entirely possible to convey much more subtle meanings for that kind of thing in English, but it gets pretty wordy - I'm wondering if this is a really close match, or more like the closest option that fit in the visual context . . .

Supporter
I don't think Song Li was trying to kiss her unfortunately, but I do think you're on point with everything else, even if she didn't do it consciously, but one can't run away from their gay feelings, they were just delayed, at least it helped with her book so there's that.
Yeah, I think that kiss was mostly living in a certain carrot-coloured head . . .

But! I think Song Li was not only aware of what she was doing, I think she was doing it deliberately to soften up Hu Laibo so she could take the picture away. Except it got into her brain (alongside that lovely birthday present) and lead to her sudden spurt of romantic inspiration, which I guess means Hu Laibo won that particular exchage? Even if she never finds out about her success . . .

Also, does anyone else think that's clearly a golden infinity symbol, which is a common symbol of autism? Because . . . I mean . . . Song Li, am I right? If that's intentional in any way I really have to give mad props to the author/artist . . .

Group Leader
Yeah, I noticed that, and so did Song Li . . .

So, since we're asking the translator things . . . @amShepherd - the use of "my Song Li" in English has some really strong connotations, is that carried directly over from the Chinese or is there more ambiguity in the original? It's entirely possible to convey much more subtle meanings for that kind of thing in English, but it gets pretty wordy - I'm wondering if this is a really close match, or more like the closest option that fit in the visual context . . .
The note is fairly direct. She uses 我的 (my/mine) (pronounced: wǒ de) and that's what Song Li repeats in the bubble after reading it. I think it's meant to be a counterpart to Song Li using 我们 (we/us) (pronounced: Wǒ men) in the previous chapter.

As @T-sama has shown. These authors can be pretty direct when they want to be.

Supporter
The note is fairly direct. She uses 我的 (my/mine) (pronounced: wǒ de) and that's what Song Li repeats in the bubble after reading it. I think it's meant to be a counterpart to Song Li using 我们 (we/us) (pronounced: Wǒ men) in the previous chapter.

As @T-sama has shown. These authors can be pretty direct when they want to be.
Nice - it seems they're both not only aware of what's going on, they're actively choosing to participate . . .

Users who are viewing this thread