Like the Kudan - Vol. 5 Ch. 39 - Hikaru Tsujimoto < Part 15 > Chizuru Sakurai < Part 8 >

Dex-chan lover
I don't know what's happening, but that Shinji's a sharp looking fella'

What? What? W-what?
Wat8.jpg

Aggregator gang
wow i'm so lost. anyone here can summarize wtf is going on in this arc?

I have completely lost track of what is even happening anymore. Remember when this was a comic about people who were going to die one by one every 7 days? Feels like the author got bored of that admittedly unoriginal concept and now has no idea what their story is even about anymore. Like there was no build up to this sudden outbreak of Kudan sightings.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, the second I saw the "Three weeks later" the manga officially derailed from its original concept/premise. Either the author stopped the "one death every seven days" thing, or a bunch of the cast died off-screen. (Or the curse got "paused" by Mai being pregnant, which... ugh.)

I had high hopes since the author also does Montage, but this has become just as chaotic and messy as most horror manga. There's no real foreshadowing of *anything* at this point. I feel like the author either didn't plan all the details of the curse beyond the creepy concept, or they were told to try to stretch the story out longer than they planned so they had to make some big changes that made it incoherent. With a premise like this you can't stretch it on too long or you'll have to veer into ridiculous territory to keep it going. It's always a finite plot.

Dex-chan lover
I have a problem with two things.

First, I no longer understand what the hell is going on with the story. Why the heck is Shinji alive?

Second, Chizuru looking like that keeps giving me a hard on.

Dex-chan lover
So that guy that did all those yakuza is alive? At least he is a brainy enough type of guy, maybe he is brought back to help with the two about their vision.

Fed-Kun's army
uuuh you do realize the day Shinji died was March 13th (read it again on his last story chapter)
and in this chapter it was still March 9th
so basically that chapter where he died was the future
IF
the prophecy is uninterrupted,
but there is a chance it will change since the Kudan(Hikaru) itself "trying" to fix the problem

during the whole revelation about Hikaru's real identity from the professor, it was March 8th

Users who are viewing this thread