Lily of the Valley - Ch. 8

Double-page supporter
I really think that Lily is just starved for attention and affirmation. She's conflating "love" with lust, and she doesn't know any better. I'm also thinking that Lily assumed that because Anna did nothing for those months, even while living in the same place, Anna "abandoned" her, and now only wants Lily because the Duchess has "taken" her and shown her affection and desire.

From what has bene said until now, Lily has been effectively abandoned by her father because of her stepmother. Even with her father's letter successfully making it to her, I think Lily is too disillusioned by years of abandonment to actually know what love is, and she thinks that Rose ducking her until she passes out is actual love.

...That, or the writer has no idea what they are doing, and they just want an NTR plot, which is beyond stupid.

I guess that makes sense and explains Lily's weird rant about blaming Anna. She must have thought that since Anna did nothing, even though she couldn't have done anything, Anna abandoned her. And of course, Lily doesn't reflect on her own lack of action at all or the limits Anna has. But as it's written, Lily just comes off as such an unlikable character. I think the author really failed to achieve what she tried to do with her.

There's still a good possibility it will have a typical NTR ending. Chapter 8 gives some hope, and then the next chapter hurts the reader with more cuckolding. The story so far has been the author stealing plots, characters, and famous scenes from NTR hentai without adding anything new. It would be weird to pivot to something else at the end. Most people don't even want Lily to end up with Anna at this point.

I really think that Lily is just starved for attention and affirmation. She's conflating "love" with lust, and she doesn't know any better. I'm also thinking that Lily assumed that because Anna did nothing for those months, even while living in the same place, Anna "abandoned" her, and now only wants Lily because the Duchess has "taken" her and shown her affection and desire.

From what has bene said until now, Lily has been effectively abandoned by her father because of her stepmother. Even with her father's letter successfully making it to her, I think Lily is too disillusioned by years of abandonment to actually know what love is, and she thinks that Rose ducking her until she passes out is actual love.

...That, or the writer has no idea what they are doing, and they just want an NTR plot, which is beyond stupid.
Well, now that the story is over. She really just wanted a NTR plot. So this all turned out to be pointless and stupid.

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand why everyone thinks the ending will be a typical NTR ending. I thought so too at first, but after chapter 8, it seems like the story is heading towards a more typical romance ending. This makes of course no sense and feels very weird considering the previous 7 chapters and the complete lack of build-up. But that's what I think.
Because of the authors other works and the way this story has progressed. This is the common setup. It's always seemed like lazy NTR, as some sort of response to Bad Thinking Diary and not much more.

Dex-chan lover
Because of the authors other works and the way this story has progressed. This is the common setup. It's always seemed like lazy NTR, as some sort of response to Bad Thinking Diary and not much more.
Yeah, I was wrong. Big time.

Users who are viewing this thread