Listening to the Stars - Ch. 32 - Feeling Of Guilt

this is a translation of a translation and sniping, why would you be grateful?
honest question really :thonk:
most people dont even look at who uploaded it and barely notice the difference between an actually translation or machine/double translation. its really sad and i get why it makes actual translators want to quit. i hope the sonic guy doesnt take it too hard and keeps on doing his good work.

Dex-chan lover
most people dont even look at who uploaded it and barely notice the difference between an actually translation or machine/double translation. its really sad and i get why it makes actual translators want to quit. i hope the sonic guy doesnt take it too hard and keeps on doing his good work.
I feel that the problem isn't not noticing, because that's understandable, my issue is when people are happy or even outright defend garbage work, many times with horrible typesetting and barely readable.

I honestly find baffling that some unironically think anything is better than nothing, or that "they tried" is a good justification, and of course if you point out how the work is garbage they throw a fit too.

But yeah, later these same people will cry when the sniper lost interest and nobody is working on it cause proper translation lost motivation to continue their version, hopefully I don't think @GottagofastSonic will drop it.

I feel that the problem isn't not noticing, because that's understandable, my issue is when people are happy or even outright defend garbage work, many times with horrible typesetting and barely readable.

I honestly find baffling that some unironically think anything is better than nothing, or that "they tried" is a good justification, and of course if you point out how the work is garbage they throw a fit too.

But yeah, later these same people will cry when the sniper lost interest and nobody is working on it cause proper translation lost motivation to continue their version, hopefully I don't think @GottagofastSonic will drop it.
to me its the lack of any sence of community. if someone machine or double translates some series that was dropped or no-one ever bother to translate, thats fine with me. anything is better than nothing and these people are often happy to give the series to proper translators if they can find any. in that way contributing the the community as a whole since they do work that wasnt being done before and twhile they might not be the best, they atleast do their best. sniping on the other hand leaches of the community that the long term translators build up by making their translation.

most community work is ultimately done because you want other to appreciate the work thats being done. its that apreciation that keeps people going. if some rando can come in and steal away most of it without putting in any of the effort then what's the point?

Dex-chan lover
to me its the lack of any sence of community. if someone machine or double translates some series that was dropped or no-one ever bother to translate, thats fine with me. anything is better than nothing and these people are often happy to give the series to proper translators if they can find any. in that way contributing the the community as a whole since they do work that wasnt being done before and twhile they might not be the best, they atleast do their best. sniping on the other hand leaches of the community that the long term translators build up by making their translation.

most community work is ultimately done because you want other to appreciate the work thats being done. its that apreciation that keeps people going. if some rando can come in and steal away most of it without putting in any of the effort then what's the point?
Problem is that a lot of people who praises sniping literally don't care, as long as they can "read" it they'll accept anything, and some of them are arguably part of the community, posting very actively, so it's less of lacking sense of community and more of lacking any basic standards and being happy with garbage.

As for snipers, they're definitely not part of the community, they're almost always complete strangers with new accounts, so they also don't care about any community etiqutte or anything, only matters is that they get the attention.

Unfortunately people who praise snipers are mostly spoiled entitled ungrateful children who only care about "reading" as much as possible as fast as possible, everything else is irrelevant.

Dex-chan lover
Problem is that a lot of people who praises sniping literally don't care, as long as they can "read" it they'll accept anything, and some of them are arguably part of the community, posting very actively, so it's less of lacking sense of community and more of lacking any basic standards and being happy with garbage.

As for snipers, they're definitely not part of the community, they're almost always complete strangers with new accounts, so they also don't care about any community etiqutte or anything, only matters is that they get the attention.

Unfortunately people who praise snipers are mostly spoiled entitled ungrateful children who only care about "reading" as much as possible as fast as possible, everything else is irrelevant.
I didn't even realise it was a snipe lol, I just have the habit to put a thanks to the tl groups on new chapters where there aren't many comments

I kinda get your point and you're probably right, didn't read all of that tbh. Just chill and support the current group working and not the sniper ✌️

Users who are viewing this thread