Live Dungeon! - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Welcome to the Dungeon!

At first I was mad when he sold the staff but then again I think it would have been more resonable if he done it after seeing his stats at that point even if he does have best staff in the game all he has is heal no money no equipment no way to defend himself and a real possibility to get robbed for holding such a thing killing is penalized but they said nothing about stealing so with the money he gets from selling it he can solve majority of his problems as well as using said funds to hire some protection at the very least. So honestly it wasn't a bad choice given the circumstance problem is he didn't consider 1) He doesn't know how much he would get 2) He didn't bother to see how much money he would need to at least be secured combat and long term wise. Then again the game system hasn't been explained much so can only assume at this point based off of all the MMORPG's I played he sold it not only because of that but he wouldn't even be able to use said staff since most mmo cases there might be a level requirement to use said staff also I don't think I played one that allowed you to use end game gear at level 1 or anytime early or mid game ever. Still though the company that took over reminds me a lot of gameforge who are kind of like EA in terms of MMO localization and puting profits over fixing issues.

Dex-chan lover
That's so scummy, just got the guy and send him to face the last boss alone as a healer without explaining anything...

Fed-Kun's army
Tbh not liking the decision to sell the staff, just like not really liking the mc's personality either..
Wouldn't it made more sense to ask first how much is the staff worth, and how much everything is worth in that world, so that he would have a basic understanding of money/currency..

Double-page supporter
Dude just asked him about the loopholes of PKing and he still accepts the invite huh

Dex-chan lover
So the choice to sell the staff.

Let's start off with what he knows
Before deciding to sell the staff, he is informed that he could gain "incredible fame and wealth from using the staff." (page 28)
His experience as a player (page 29) tells him that the materials used to make the weapon are actually common at level 91 and that "the staff would be the pride of most healers too."
He is initially unsure if the world is a dream or reality, but recalls being scorched to death (and the intense pain), implying he finds this to be reality. Page 31 also implies he expects this to be reality as he says "if this really is a dream, it'd make for a hilarious story." It'd be a hilarious story if this were a dream, but it's not.
He decides to sell page 30, with his thought process on page 31 saying "without any armor or tools it's meaningless. Right now, what I really need is money." IE, he is aware he is completely broke.
He doesn't know his level and stats until AFTER all of this happens.

Did he make the right decision?
Well first of all, he'd probably have no choice but to sell the staff in the end because he's flat broke and getting a license costs money, since page 32 mentions a 10,000G discount to the original fee.
If that weren't the case, i'd say he still made the right choice. If he expects this to be reality, "Dungeon diving" is also real. If he isn't prepared, he's going to experience the same hellish pain every time he dies, and he definitely doesn't want that. He would literally be walking out and about with nothing but the shirt on his back, with a staff that he may or may not be capable of using to its full potential. I will say it's kinda dumb how he decides to sell it without knowing his stats, but as I mentioned earlier, he wouldn't even be able to afford a license to see his stats because he's completely broke.

Edit: not sure if it's the translator or the original JP, but page 25 has some mixed messages. Says G, or Gems, in the top left panel. Says Gold in the bottom right panel. Soooo how much is 10,000G. 10,000 Gold? 10,000 Gems? thanks.

Dex-chan lover
What the gods damned fuck?
He had this once-in-a-lifetime staff. It is his only remaining physical property. It practically guarantees he would have an easy time if he kept and used it.
Meanwhile money in MMO systems practically grows on trees. Everyone has a means of stockpiling shitloads of gold easily.
So obviously this isn't even in question. Of course he is going to use the staff, right?

... No. He opts to sell it.

Wow. How do you even get that question wrong?
Like he had the choice between doing the obviously right thing and the "so stupid nobody would ever do that" thing, and he opts for the latter.

But then all his attributes are D or D-. He'd probably snap in half in a light breeze. He probably realised his death is an absolute inevitability in this world.

cant even finish half of the chapter,
heres my thought.
so, its into similar with no game no life, where some "top player" manage to control 2 or more character simultaneously at the same time. hah, its a real time MMORPG, i will believe if our mc is some sort of super human, but hes just a regular human. i mean, its still within range of reality, its different when hes already in another world. i personally hate this stuff, even if its just for the sake of "fantasy OP character".
i think it would be much more believable if he solo entire dungeon. i mean i've seen people soloing raid boss like in PSO2 or Behemoth or Ancient Leshen in MHW. i cant even imagine those person controlling 5 characters at once with multiple devices. the fact that he need 5 characters at once means that dungeon is party only quest BUT he need 4 other characters fire power as well, can you imagine how hard it is?

also, "if you can predict its movement, the battle wont be hard at all" no shit genius. i feels like mc is retard.

Get ready for the mc to basically live in that respawn room like he is so impulsive and trusting in a situation where a normal person would be skeptical and afraid. I don’t understand why he just trusted the appraisal girl right of the gate and sold his OP staff, like I understand that he needs armor and basic necessities but at least think it over before just going “f*ck it, I’ll sell it, why not? It’s not like she could be lying about it’s price and scamming me” and then right after, he goes on to invite this man he has known for a solid 2 seconds to his party right after he explained that indirect foul play in parties was allowed. But whatever it’s not like he’ll permanently die

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, no, I'm good. It already started dumb when he was playing 5 accounts and his weird pedantic commentary but I chose to let it go. But the moment he sold the staff I instantly clicked away.

Fed-Kun's army
Came here after so many years after the "I'll sell it line" to see how many people were also pissed off by that. My faith in humanity has been restored seeing so many in the chat call out the stupidity of selling the staff regardless of the in-story thought process/justification of needing money to survive, etc. As many pointed out he could've used the staff to help him make money and he didn't need to purchase a license because they already thought he was unlicensed.

Dex-chan lover
cant even finish half of the chapter,
heres my thought.
so, its into similar with no game no life, where some "top player" manage to control 2 or more character simultaneously at the same time. hah, its a real time MMORPG, i will believe if our mc is some sort of super human, but hes just a regular human. i mean, its still within range of reality, its different when hes already in another world. i personally hate this stuff, even if its just for the sake of "fantasy OP character".
i think it would be much more believable if he solo entire dungeon. i mean i've seen people soloing raid boss like in PSO2 or Behemoth or Ancient Leshen in MHW. i cant even imagine those person controlling 5 characters at once with multiple devices. the fact that he need 5 characters at once means that dungeon is party only quest BUT he need 4 other characters fire power as well, can you imagine how hard it is?

also, "if you can predict its movement, the battle wont be hard at all" no shit genius. i feels like mc is retard.
Its a MMORPG the genre that requires the least amount of brainpower or input. His bigger numbers just lets him win

Users who are viewing this thread