Load image bug? :fixed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys trying to load this chapter https://mangadex.org/chapter/1043039/1
The image inside is failed to load when I'm logged in but when I'm not logged in it loaded just fine I have trying to clear browser cache and relogin the issue still persist, I tried to change the server did not fix the problem too

I'm having that problem with https://mangadex.org/title/43292/the-duchess-with-an-empty-soul chapters 24 to 63.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
There are currently some issues with our image servers. The solution is to turn on mdah.

https://mangadex.org/md_at_home/options

MD@Home
Mine is turned on by default
What is the difference when it is turned on or not?

Dex-chan lover
@Esor: md@home is a p2p-service. As far as I understood it, the difference is, that instead of using a commercial image-hosting service (for which MD has to pay for), it creates MD's own "virtual" image-host by using servers, that are provided by its own community, which is doing it for free. So if you load a chapter, your browser is redirected to one of those servers, which is providing you with the needed images via direct connection. And voilà, MD's server only has to deal with the much smaller datapackages for the page itself and it's services (reader, comments, forum, aso...) and the main bulk of cost-intensive data-transfers (the images) has been taken from its shoulders. If just told BS, feel free to correct me.

My own issue:
Sadly md@home doesn't work out for me right now. My Load image "bug" seems to be the opposite of OP's problem. The normal servers work fine, but md@home's connections seem to malfunction. I was greeted with a pink wall'o'fail (tap to reload, tap to reload, tap...) for around 3/4 of all chapters I tried to read. The issue isn't concentrated on single mangas. In a manga-series some lower chapter didn't work, while the next one did. So I assume an important peer (important for me at least) in the MD@h-network is either blocking me, is malfunctioning or the connection gets disturbed. As far as I can tell I have no obstacle set up on my side (e.g. firewall-rules), that would block it. Turning MD@h off and falling back on the mainservers solved my problem....at least for now.

MD@Home
@Qelix In daily use there seems to be no difference in effect for me. Maybe it's just my feeling or some manga I read get more bandwidth when using MD@h

Dex-chan lover
@Esor: If you notice no difference, it works as intended. If you have the feeling it is even faster, all the better! I'd also use MD@h happily, even if it would be slower (Disclaimer: It doesn't seem to be slower at all.), as I totally favor the idea behind it. Sadly it is broken for me at the moment and I don't know why. All I know right now, is that the problem I have (images of the manga pages aren't loading rather often) disappeared, when I deactive it, which is a shame. I remember I had a similar problem some months ago, which I also solved that way. I don't know when I reenabled MD@h again, but it seemingly worked until yesterday.

Dex-chan lover
@BraveDude8: Already tried that, but I'm ashamed to admit, after further looking into the matter, I did find the fault on my side.

The security addons of my browser blocked all "off-site" connections to the absolute "alien" sounding domain mangadex.network. It didn't appear at first, where it should have, but after some fiddling around, it stepped into the day light. After whitelisting it, everything works as intended.

I'm sorry for alerting you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread