Loli Meshi ~Okawari!~ - Ch. 2 - The Flavor for Today is Salt

Dex-chan lover
Aren't people concerned that there's a kid walking around alone? God knows what will happened if she walks into red district.

Dex-chan lover
salty.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
Aren't people concerned that there's a kid walking around alone? God knows what will happened if she walks into red district.
It is Japan. They are already trained from little to walking alone.
How is this suggestive? It's cute though.
All of manga that have loli tag is tagged as suggestive even when they are safe, this is the tag definition from the Mangadex itself. You can read them here.

Dex-chan lover
So this shouldn't be tagged loli as long as it isn't suggestive?

Aggregator gang
I feel like the concept of this manga will worked better with highschool/adult. how can she paid all of those food ?

It is Japan. They are already trained from little to walking alone.

All of manga that have loli tag is tagged as suggestive even when they are safe, this is the tag definition from the Mangadex itself. You can read them here.

The guidelines you link to say "Loli - Centered around child-looking female characters with (at least) suggestive undertones. Only use this in works with a suggestive or higher content rating." This manga is just about a girl going out to eat lunch by herself, right?

Out of curiosity, I googled the Japanese wiki page and it had this to say: 誤解を受けそうなタイトルであるが、「ろりめしのろりは、ろんりーのろり」であると明言されている 1. 単行本のカバーより My translation: The title might lead to a misunderstanding, but the "loli" in Lolimeshi has been declared to stand for the LO and LY of "lonely" (according to the tankobon manga cover).

I think it would be a pity if an innocent manga about a mini gourmet were mistaken for something else.

Fed-Kun's army
The guidelines you link to say "Loli - Centered around child-looking female characters with (at least) suggestive undertones. Only use this in works with a suggestive or higher content rating." This manga is just about a girl going out to eat lunch by herself, right?

Out of curiosity, I googled the Japanese wiki page and it had this to say: 誤解を受けそうなタイトルであるが、「ろりめしのろりは、ろんりーのろり」であると明言されている 1. 単行本のカバーより My translation: The title might lead to a misunderstanding, but the "loli" in Lolimeshi has been declared to stand for the LO and LY of "lonely" (according to the tankobon manga cover).

I think it would be a pity if an innocent manga about a mini gourmet were mistaken for something else.
Thanks, I don't know about that LO and LY stand for, because I don't know about that I just assume that ろり stand for Loli (ロリ). For the tag, I will report it to remove the tag and change it to safe. Thanks!

Thanks, I don't know about that LO and LY stand for, because I don't know about that I just assume that ろり stand for Loli (ロリ). For the tag, I will report it to remove the tag and change it to safe. Thanks!
No worries. Thanks for your hard work!

Dex-chan lover
how can she paid all of those food ?
Kids in Japan get quite a bit of "pocket money" (aka, allowance), and in addition get a lot of money at New Year's and birthdays from multiple people. (10,000 yen (~$74 USD) from parents, plus lesser amounts from other family isn't unusual. Kids can really make a killing at New Year's.) Also, the next chapter

shows us she's a little ojou-sama.

Japanese kids are given a great deal of freedom compared to most other countries. There's even a TV show that films kids going on their first solo errand that's been running since 1991. (See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Enough! ) They usually start letting kids run errands around 6yo, so a kid her age wandering around alone isn't terribly unusual in Japan. She's unlikely to wander into a red light district and even if she did, she'd not have a clue what was going on there.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the concept of this manga will worked better with highschool/adult. how can she paid all of those food ?

By using the manga formula of replacing anything a guy would do irl with a cute girl, in this case, an elementary student. 🍜🍜🍜

Users who are viewing this thread