Lonely Castle in the Mirror - Vol. 5 Ch. 29

Such a great ending with everything is connected. Thanks for translated this manga.

Dex-chan lover
this manga is brilliant the ending didnt feel too rushed to me and it tied up all loose ends. what a ride this was! absoloutley beautiful

Dex-chan lover
Thank you very much for translating it until the end!!
It's a beautiful story with a beautiful ending, wrapping up everything nicely. I can't help but shed a tear toward the end. Though yeah, I wish there are extras. I still want to see them, especially as adults.
I want to see the movie too. Someday...

Dex-chan lover
Thank you very much for the translations. It's rare for a manga to have a really nice ending. I reread from the beginning and it's so interesting to find all the clues after knowing the answer. One thing I am sad about is they didn't show them meeting in their world, only Aki meet almost all of them.

I stil don't understand why Subaru rush out in chapter 26 though.

The climax is little bit weak for my taste, the entire sequence when they try to save Aki together doesn't make much sense, like can they show up like that after being eaten, unless the Lady Wolf sets them free.

But still, such a satisfied conclusion, the story is not the best, but still very enjoyable, really like the main cast, wish we have more on the epilogue. And thank you for the translations, glad the team didn't drop it.

Wonder how much different between manga and the light novel, consider the novel was published way back 2017 and we have COVID being mentioned here in the manga.

I don't think he rushes out, he likely just disappears, like a what if situation, what if Kokoro couldn't success saving Aki and all of them couldn't return, so in that situation, Subaru's existence post-1985 would be erased.

At least that's what I get. Maybe it has a better explanation in the novel and maybe the movie.

Double-page supporter
A 10 for me. I cried with the ending, so sad but heartwarming!! I wish we could see what happened to the rest of the gang.

Tied up nicely. Good healing-ish story with a non-jarring fantasy and mystery.

The only complaint I have is the plot hole where they didn't notice their generation gap. The video game console and TV explanation aren't convincing enough when different generations of mobile phones, clothing styles and walkman are all present in one place. They also live in the same country so talking about current events and history will easily expose their timeline.

Dex-chan lover
Having manga based on novels that actually end is excellent. Not having to keep on going because of monetary reasons can really be a strength. Not a perfect tale by any means but very much one I loved and will recommend to anyone <3

Dex-chan lover
I haven't figured out how all castle kids interact in each other's lives.

subaru came up with the idea to take care of sick kids
aki took care of sick kids
lady wolf was a sick kid
rion is lady wolf's younger brother
fuuka, kokoro met aki as a free school teacher
haruka is the youngest and knew aki as an old woman

idk about masamune tho

so basically the core of the stories are 1. kokoro for saving aki. 2. aki for being the one to save her juniors and also lady wolf? 3. lady wolf for bringing the setting. 4. rion for being one the main reason for this setting. ....... ?
im quite confused but still feel cosy with this story

Thank you very much for the translations. It's rare for a manga to have a really nice ending. I reread from the beginning and it's so interesting to find all the clues after knowing the answer. One thing I am sad about is they didn't show them meeting in their world, only Aki meet almost all of them.

I think the timeline of Chapter 26 was during Kokoro and Rion's middle school year in 2006.

In my speculations, these characters were as follows: The first page shows a young lady (probably in her senior year of HS) who is none other than the mother of Ureshino Haruka the chubby cute guy; the two couple being perhaps the parents of Hasegawa Fuuka the gifted child; the couple in the car are the parents of Masamune Aasu (Earth) the geeky guy; However, Nagahisa Subaru the game developer & Aki a.k.a. Kitajima-sensei are in their adult or grown-up form here; Rion the pretty boy is in Hawaii; while Kokoro our brave girl is inside the mirror overcoming her fears trying her best to save them all.

At first, I thought he vanished because of what was happening in the castle, I'm not sure why Subaru ran away tho 😅

I've read this manga before and stopped because it was still ongoing. But after seeing the movie, I wondered if it followed the manga. However, I think someone who has read the novel could explain better and make things clearer in detail because the movie (with due respect to the production) didn't do justice tbh, they didn't explain why and it felt SO RUSHED. And there are a lot of things changed and alteredーTons of plot holes that make you just scratch your head and even get lost in the castle🤣... I'd rather they made a series instead of just a movie! But still, it lured me to check the manga itself and now I wanna read the novelーso you be the judge whether you're going to watch the movie or not. I personally enjoyed it as an artist myself, the art was spectacular!

Here's a personal recommendation, do the opposite order by first watching the movie, reading the manga, and then the novel (if that makes senseー).

Users who are viewing this thread