Looking for Fantasy Yuris

Fed-Kun's army
Hello everyone,

I'm a big fan of MagiRevo and "I favor the villainess" and I wanted more yuris in a medieval fantasy style, specially the ones that deal with magic or nobility, or even both, can anyone give me recommendations? It can be both manga or manhwa (but I don't really think there are manhwa options, I've never seen any of the style yuri, all the villainess ones and Isekai otomes are always straight content, so I don't think any will show up)

I'm really don't want baits (Euphorium and Villainess' Pet hurt), but I'm fine with yuri coding

Thanks for the attention, I hope I can find something nice to read~

images

Double-page supporter
Those may work :
Maybe Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina could fit, even if it's not full yuri, but seems to be yuri-coded (for whatever it mean).

Also, Reincarnated as a Female Hero Who Seems to Have 5 Demon Wives technicaly fit the conditions, but it's hentai, great hentai (my taste again). Also, Karura, by the famous Mira, another great hentai.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the recommendations, going take a look later at them

I already saw Majo no Tabitabi, I really like Elaina, well, thanks again, have a nice day
Those may work :
Maybe Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina could fit, even if it's not full yuri, but seems to be yuri-coded (for whatever it mean).

Also, Reincarnated as a Female Hero Who Seems to Have 5 Demon Wives technicaly fit the conditions, but it's hentai, great hentai (my taste again). Also, Karura, by the famous Mira, another great hentai.

Dex-chan lover
Those may work :

I don't know about the anime, I haven't watched it yet, but as far as I remember, in LN and manga MC has at least two girls in love with her + yuri incest pairing as one of the running gags and yuri arc with side characters. The author is openly against adding a romantic subplot to the plot and then you also get male characters with a crush on her, but that doesn't make these two girls disappear, they are quite important characters.

As for "yuri-coded", I assume they meant all-female manga with queercoding, that is, subtext that can be interpreted as hints at the characters' lesbian feelings or identity, but without actual romance. Usually people argue about whether this or that work is like this, but if you want an example of objective yuri subtext, then take a look at Slow Start and Comic Girls.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It’s strange that no one has yet advised Bakarina and Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja. Without spoilers or a long explanation of the nuances, in the first we have a strong bisexual harem with equal treatment of girls and boys, and in the second there is probably one of the best depictions of the study of attraction between girls that I have seen.

Fed-Kun's army
It’s strange that no one has yet advised Bakarina and Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja. Without spoilers or a long explanation of the nuances, in the first we have a strong bisexual harem with equal treatment of girls and boys, and in the second there is probably one of the best depictions of the study of attraction between girls that I have seen.
I know both of them, and as much as I wanted to thank you for trying to recommend something, you went pretty far from what I wanted, I'm not into Kenja no Deshi because for me, MC act too much like an old man and just isn't fun to my taste, and about Otome Game, the yuri will never develop well in that one, I'm just not really in the mood to deal with the straight romance to see some yuri bait for something that I just don't like that much, if I want to read a straight romance I can find something that fits better my tastes, but that's not the case, I wanted yuri, a manga with quite a lot of focus on straight relationship is not what I wanted, so Otome Game just doesn't fit well

Dex-chan lover
I know both of them, and as much as I wanted to thank you for trying to recommend something, you went pretty far from what I wanted, I'm not into Kenja no Deshi because for me, MC act too much like an old man and just isn't fun to my taste, and about Otome Game, the yuri will never develop well in that one, I'm just not really in the mood to deal with the straight romance to see some yuri bait for something that I just don't like that much, if I want to read a straight romance I can find something that fits better my tastes, but that's not the case, I wanted yuri, a manga with quite a lot of focus on straight relationship is not what I wanted, so Otome Game just doesn't fit well
Well, anyway, thanks for the answer and clarification. Alsoo, how about fantasy yuri/yuri bait, but without isekai? For example, on Mangadex there is probably a manga adaptation of the currently broadcast yuri bait show about vampires https://myanimelist.net/anime/54103/Hikikomari_Kyuuketsuki_no_Monmon (I don't know how far this went in the end, but judging by the illustrations and tropes, it's pretty yuri filled). This kind of work isn't exactly my cup of tea, as I said, but I come across it from time to time, so I can recommend something if you haven't read/seen it yet.

Dex-chan lover
The development is really bad and the yuri is more fan service and one-sided than anything else, maybe the anime turns a little better than the books but definitely nothing I can recommend. This week someone started this series, it's not isekai, just fantasy, and with more or less the same elements you were looking for.

Double-page supporter
Well, anyway, thanks for the answer and clarification. Alsoo, how about fantasy yuri/yuri bait, but without isekai? For example, on Mangadex there is probably a manga adaptation of the currently broadcast yuri bait show about vampires https://myanimelist.net/anime/54103/Hikikomari_Kyuuketsuki_no_Monmon (I don't know how far this went in the end, but judging by the illustrations and tropes, it's pretty yuri filled). This kind of work isn't exactly my cup of tea, as I said, but I come across it from time to time, so I can recommend something if you haven't read/seen it yet.
I'm currently watching the anime and yes, there is strong yuri-bait in it. More than in wandering witch, The Executioner and Her Way of Life, or Roll over and die. But i doubt the anime will include a real relationship, even there is a lot yuri fan-service (one-sided, harem-like, some ecchi). And the yuri fan-service is kind of obvious and "in your face", sometimes, which is not bad. To give a comparison, it makes me think of a harem manga like negima, but with less ecchi and a less interesting scenario/universe. I like it, but i'm not sure if i can recommend it : it depends on your taste for fan-service.

Other recommendations :
  • Mage and demon queen, who just finish a few weeks ago on webtoons. It's a long-strip manwha, in a medieval "video game-like" universe (a little like roll over and die, but more), involving the relation between a demon queen and a female mage. It's very popular, the manwha have three seasons, it's a lot for a yuri manwha ! I strongly recommend it.
  • Hero's mariage, a self-published manga, finish in 45 chapters, seems to fit what you seek. I've read it and i think it's clearly worth reading.
  • A Sheep in Wolf's Clothing, a non-isekai medieval yuri involving a princess and her bodyguard. It's technically a medieval fantasy, given the context, but the developpement is more like an usual yuri story, the medieval context don't do much, so i'm not sure if i must recommend it if you really seek a fantasy setting. But it's a good yuri, anyway and i recommend it for the yuri alone.
  • If i remember well, Scarlet was in a medieval setting, but i'm not sure. I recommend to try it : it's a short serie.
  • Maybe The Witch's Hammer - Malleus Maleficarum, i've not read it, but the tags say it's girl love and it involve a witch and a chivalrous thief, so it seems to be a good start. Short sermangaie, two volumes, worth trying, i plan to read it soon.
  • And again, maybe Eroi Koto Suru Tame ni Kyonyuu Bishoujo Dorei o Katta Hazu ga, Oshishou-sama to Shitawa Rete Omotta Toori ni Ikanaku Naru Hanashi : i've not read it (i plan to), but the synopsis say it's an isekai with a least some strong yuri-fan service...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm currently watching the anime and yes, there is strong yuri-bait in it. More than in wandering witch, The Executioner and Her Way of Life, or Roll over and die. But i doubt the anime will include a real relationship, even there is a lot yuri fan-service (one-sided, harem-like, some ecchi). And the yuri fan-service is kind of obvious and "in your face", sometimes, which is not bad. To give a comparison, it makes me think of a harem manga like negima, but with less ecchi and a less interesting scenario/universe. I like it, but i'm not sure if i can recommend it : it depends on your taste for fan-service.
So, at the moment it's just yuri bait in the most classic form, where they throw yuri fan service in your face, but without anything serious? Reminds me of a number of action shows from the 00s.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm actually watching the anime, I think you got me a bit wrong, I want fantasy, but never said it had to be isekai

Users who are viewing this thread