Loop kara Nukedasenai Akuyaku Reijou wa, Akiramete Suki Katte Ikiru Koto ni Kimemashita - Vol. 1 Ch. 2.1 - Beyond despair and fear

Dex-chan lover
Well... it's ill advised to stoop to murdering the previous head of the family if you want society to think you're legit. Even if you could justify it as self defense.
In this case he was literally no longer eligible to be the head, and it was an attempted coup to reclaim that role. No one could doubt her legitimacy since she had shown herself and her powers at the party, so no one could say anything about her executing her father for his crimes.

Dex-chan lover
In this case he was literally no longer eligible to be the head, and it was an attempted coup to reclaim that role. No one could doubt her legitimacy since she had shown herself and her powers at the party, so no one could say anything about her executing her father for his crimes.
It's kind of pointless to argue about this, since it all depends on how the author thinks this society would work. But regardless of circumstances, the fact that you've killed your own dad is something people can and will use against you.

Dex-chan lover
at this pace it might take until chapter 4/5 for us to see anything actual happen, instead of the initial setup of the plot. i hope this isn't a split chapter per month release cycle.

Dex-chan lover
I find it strange her father surrender before the troop. Like, he was being defiance just a few panels ago. I was imagining that the troop would surrender first, since she showed that she was indeed the new head of the house. Which will force her father to follow suit.

Dex-chan lover
It's kind of pointless to argue about this
True
the fact that you've killed your own dad is something people can and will use against you.
So I'll just say; the point of her story is apparently she's now going to do whatever she wants, unshackled from people's expectations, wants, and desires for her. So I don't think she has any reason not to kill her father, given this. Why should she care about others opinions now? Especially when she has the "accursed" shadow magic? People will hate and fear her anyway.

But whatever, it's a time-looping fantasy comic, it's hardly deep or in need of intellectual debate :dogkek:

Double-page supporter
I hope that she and her sister manage to have a good relationship at the end of this. Soleil doesn't seem like a bad person.
I hate when villainess stories make the "original heroine" character just "the real villainess (but secret)". Unfortunately, that's even more common in stories where the villainess is getting revenge.

Is it too much to ask that the villainess gets to find some happiness with the people around her? Maybe come to an understanding and caring relationship with good people who were only enemies by circumstance?

Apparently there's an audience for villainesses girlbossing their way into being the Supreme World Empress Who Gets All the Revenge/Men, but I'm personally mostly here for the potential the genre has for redemption arcs. I wish more authors would realize the two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, if they really want the former.

Now, there is something that gives me a bit of hope: she spared their father at Soleil's request. She needs to protect Soleil from their father right now (and tell Soleil how their father treated her if she doesn't know), if Soleil is going to be on her side. If Soleil is just going to be an "original heroine pretending to care for Selene but actually the big bad evil behind the scenes" trope, I'm going to drop this instantly. I would much rather Selene behaves as a real head of the family and cares for Soleil as part of the family she is now leading.

Users who are viewing this thread