Louis 16-sei ni Tensei Shite Shimatta Ore wa France Kakumei o Zenryoku de Soshi Shite Antoinette to Suenagaku o Shiawase ni Kurashitai. - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
TFW you wake up as a Fr*nch :aquadrink:
Can't wait for MC to buy the 13 Colonies, Manifest the frak Destiny and create the Holy Frog Empire in the New World
He wont do that from what i have read from the webnovel chapter 100 something which was the last chapter that had been translated ,

Dex-chan lover
Oh boy no French Republic would REALLY butterfly a fuck ton of history away. Hell it might actually be worse in the long run because with a stable continental Europe you might see imperialism last much longer and be longer contested between UK vs France

Dex-chan lover
@XilumDreemurr

I would recommend putting a white outline on the text of the thoughts that are not on textboxes. It kinda hurts to read otherwise.

If you're using paint.net, there are a few easy ways to do so.

N2O

Dex-chan lover
Oo, interesting. We had another reincarnation manga where the MC is Marie Antoinette that seemed pretty good, and this one looks to be even better. Glad to find another one :)

Hello all, these are reuploads, i have no idea who reuploaded them, but I meant to get back to this and retranslate every chapter now that my Japanese is a bit better, however I don't have the time at the moment, so if you are a scan group, please feel free to pick this up! It gets better. :haa:

Dex-chan lover
Guess I'm a bit surprised there's no history debunks yet, though I guess I rarely see them so I'm not sure why I'm surprised.

Considering, that someone expected a history debunk. Here it is.

At this time, feudalism is almost gone. Absolutism is pretty much the most important thing going on within the Kingdom of France. This process from feudalism to absolutism had its beginning with King Louis IX. He had written advice in letters to his heir. These letters can be read online. In these letters, Louis IX often took the side of the peasants against the lords.

It is the noble's best interest to make the monarch weak and limited. Best example being the Holy Roman Empire. A writer during that time described the HRE as pure oligarchy as opposed to monarchy. Another historical example would be the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth where the nobles keep the king weak and serfdom strong. Even though serfdom is dying out in the West. There's also medieval Aragon. They constantly reminded him that his kingship depended solely on their tolerance. They made it clear that if the king did not recognize their rights, he risked the loss of his crown.

Another would be England when the barons forced the king to sign the Magna Carta. This pretty much weakened the monarch's powers, forcing him to share power with the nobility. In fact, the American revolution only started because the 13 thirteen colonies urged the monarch of Britain to stop the oppression done by the Parliament. Of course, the parliament at this time had substantial power and the monarch doesn't want to oppose them. Cuz, there's an event in which that happened such as the English Civil War.

The monarchies of Europe did pretty much start out as elective monarchies. Although the voting class would be the nobility. Over time, these monarchies became hereditary. Despite process into hereditary monarchies, the nobility still had substantial power. As they could just able and are willing to despose the monarch if they felt dissatisfied.

That is where the third estate came to the scene. They are the crucial asset that the monarch uses to consolidate power. Not only did this estate provide soldiers and servants who could be turned into bureaucrats, but the support of the commoners against the nobility was also an effective way for monarchs to weaken their rivals within the kingdom while boosting morale. Louis IX employed this strategy rather effectively and thus begins the process of the Kingdom of France to becoming an absolute monarch as opposed to being feudal.

England did something similar but not as the same success with France. There's the the Court of the Star Chamber, which allowed poorer individuals to bring charges against wealthier or more influential figures who'd mistreated them. Another similar thing happened with Imperial Spain, where the monarch favored the peasants over the nobles. This caused many nobles to leave for the colonies because of the kings' strict control at home.

Monarchs who allowed the nobility to do damage to the third estate and had to appease the nobility are pretty much weak monarchies like the HRE, Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Britain etc. Heck, there's Japan, the emperor is powerless to do anything while all the nobles kill each other constantly for dominance. A strong monarch meanwhile would help the third estate with royal decrees while at the same time eroding the powers of the nobility such as in Spain, France, Austria, etc.

Anyways, the idea that the French Revolution is needed for Feudalism to go away is false.

All of that being said, I hope that the MC succeeds where OTL King Louis XVI had failed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread