Love Agency - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Coward

Double-page supporter
Imagine being Swedish. This post was made by NOR-gang
avatars-000182086510-rn5fm8-t500x500.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Idk man, I'll try to give it a chance, but considering that I didn't really like Onk and Kaguya for me personally was always either at 0 or at 100, I'm not expecting it to grab my attention in long term

Dex-chan lover
Jesus Christ. There are so many Fox/Tanuki rivalry now. I did not expect Aka to take part in it too.

Dex-chan lover
So, the character is allegedly born in Sweden and grown up in the US. However, she has some kind of manga-Japanese extreme personality. "Winter" is obviously an English name, not a Swedish name. Also, gender-separated schools don't exist in Sweden, maybe outside extremely religious schools (and Sweden is one of the most atheist countries in the world). It's not likely she'd have gone to one in any country with a Swedish parent.

"Det var så lite" is not a phrase you use unprompted like that, so the context is weird. It sounds arrogant like that, like saying "You're welcome" after "fixing" something no one wanted you to fix. I mean, it's literally just throwing in a wrong language phrase for the sake of having a foreign language phrase.

Drill hair (like braids) is a lot longer than it appears. Getting rid of the drills and ending up with slightly shorter straight hair is a significant haircut. It's also a damn shame. A "scary" appearance doesn't really matter if you approach someone and show them you aren't actually scary. But it might keep others away, for better or worse, depending on what you want.

If you're an extrovert trying to approach an introvert or shy person (there's a difference, contrary to media depiction, and this girls seems to be the latter, not the former), pretending to be an introvert isn't how you do it, since that's just lying and will hurt you later on by setting up false expectations. Just be patient and take it slowly. Both introverts and shy people prefer to not take the first step, so that's mostly left to the extrovert in practice, and there's nothing wrong with that. If it's someone who already likes you you've already succeeded, though, and you can do almost what you want.

I'll see where this goes.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Premise seems fun but holy fuck why are foreigners names always awful in manga? Like that shit just makes me cringe every time I see it. I get that coming up with foreign names is hard but this is just excessively bad
Same reason why foreign names all sound like shit in american media. Y

Dex-chan lover
Her being half foreign seems entirely pointless except for dumb gags and fetishy otaku ogling points. She's Japanese in every way that matters except that she has blonde hair, blue eyes, and speaks that very Danish style of Swedish everyone's familiar with. She even acts entirely Japanese in spite of having been raised in another country.

EDIT: And now I finish the chapter to find out that the MMC is just faking being a nerdy introvert because he likes her. But her interest in him is seemingly entirely based on that personification. in other words everything she likes about him is a total lie and based on that little conversation with his coach he's an extrovert who's also kind of a sharp-tongued jerk who's totally fine with lying to his crush to get with her.

That comes across as incredibly creepy before you even factor in that he's doing it at the behest of a 3rd party that's (based on what we see from the other side of the equation) spying, gathering intel, and manipulating things to drive things in the direction he wants.

I get that people love Kaguya-sama (I haven't read it yet) and are willing to give the author a chance, but this seems irredeemably skeezy as a setup for what's supposed to be a romance.

Last edited:
I just want to say Det var så lite is not you're welcome in swedish it translates to it was nothing, The correct way of saying you're welcome in Swedish is du är välkomen

Dex-chan lover
I feel like their love coaches are going to fall in love or something

Dex-chan lover
I like kaguya-sama, i have mixed feeling about Oshi no Ko, but Im not feeling much from this one. I'll give it a couple more chapter to see if it got any better but so far the entire cast amd premise just doesnt sound appealing and I cant see the endgame for this story.

Is this gonna be similar to tsurezure with revolving cast, or to one of those self improvement manga, or is the whole shtick just a gimmick for a gag romcom?

Honestly, if the manga didnt have Aka's name I think it would bomb hard unless things rapidly improve. We'll see I guess.

The premise is... interesting, but kinda overly convoluted and honestly it's just not something I'd want to follow. It's a little cute but in terms of romance what's the point if both leads are creating this much of a facade? They won't be able to keep up any of these lies in the long run and it can't really be said they fall for each other then (and like they're so drastically different than without the coaches). It's a little cute I guess. But unless they resolve it in 5 chapters or less I don't see it working for a long term series (if this were real life this style of coaching would be only marketed to boost confidence and teach social skills and the person they're tested on would be a one night stand at best which isn't super interesting to read/watch in a romance).

Also holistically there's a lot problematic about this. Its a cultural thing, but I'm really not on board with the idea of "half-japanese" for otherwise full citizens of Japan (and the country specifically doesn't allow for dual citizenship). There's also a lot of dangerous assumptions being made about both men and woman here. A lot of which could have been avoided. And the idea of a high school rom-com built on adults feeding answers to minors on how to act and what to do through an ear piece just leaves me feeling icky.
i feel like the facade being a bad thing is kinda gonna end up being the main theme of the story by the end of it tho, and if not then i'd feel that reading it would've been kinda pointless for me. now whether that would end up in either a good or bad ending of the romance is way up in the air for now so we'll just have to see as the story goes

Dex-chan lover
That company is shady AF. Stalking children? Ripping them off of more than a million Yen? (more than 6K USD)
Trying to make a relationship based on lies and fake personalities? Yeah, that'll work.
Guess I'm expecting too much knowing the author, but well, let's see where it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread