Love Agency - Vol. 1 Ch. 8 - Personal Space

Supporter
In other words, she's terrified of men because she thinks she was the reason her father died. A sort of guilt based fear that leads her to wishing to marry someone who won't betray her like her mother did her father, I think.
More like she abandoned him, he died, there was no way she could reconcile with him, and she doesn't want to form a bond that might make her someday go through that trauma again.

Dex-chan lover
More like she abandoned him, he died, there was no way she could reconcile with him, and she doesn't want to form a bond that might make her someday go through that trauma again.
After the latest chapter I'm starting to doubt my own statement. I think her mom's a hoe and guilt tripped her into thinking it was all her dad's fault and to have too high expectations.

Dex-chan lover
About the TL notes, hmm.... it often struck me as odd, but despite being called "Jp culture", most of this feel pretty common for cultures I know of. I guess "to what degree" could be the real big question, but that's also a really vague and hard to really quantify.

Like, loyalty in relationship is highly prized? No shit, no culture (or at least, very few) really want to get cucked. Maybe some individuals, but they're often called immoral. Similar things with number 4 and 5. I guess long work hours is pretty unique Japan? Idk, never bothered to compare the jobs with other countries.

Double-page supporter
Now that's the Akasaka I know, was wondering when will the heavy vibes come

Dex-chan lover
Like, loyalty in relationship is highly prized?
I mean, it says adultery was grounds for divorce. It's historically been punishable by banishment, torture, or death (often stoning) in large parts of the world, and that's not entirely gone.

If anything, the vibe I got from the notes was that it's more accepted in Japan than most of the world.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it says adultery was grounds for divorce. It's historically been punishable by banishment, torture, or death (often stoning) in large parts of the world, and that's not entirely gone.

If anything, the vibe I got from the notes was that it's more accepted in Japan than most of the world.
Yeah, especially the "however" part. It said "nuanced and understanding", but since it's contrasted with adultery being a betrayal, it's hard to really see what those mean.

Dex-chan lover
why does it say "chapter 6 strength factor"? TELL ME 教えろ

Dex-chan lover
I agree on that. But I guess during her childhood, Mari didn't know what is cheating and if that is bad or not. She is younger and have to grow up to see the experience or have open-minded ideas why cheating is bad.
Plus, ya know, men get FUCKED on custody battles.

Dex-chan lover
Giving me dog and scum vibes with the cheating and blonde girl choosing the dirtbag.

Dex-chan lover
I mean she does have really nice boobs and butt. They're delightfully ample.

Thank you for the translation (I love your TL notes).

Users who are viewing this thread