Love Letter

Aggregator gang
Yeah, the mom was trashy and stuff, but the point of the story is how it is possible for a trashy, terrible person to be loved a whole lot. And the mom wasn't 100% trash, she still looked after the kid properly with the means she had to do so.

It's a great show of unconditional love. I love that. It doesn't matter if she's good or bad, she's deserving of love. The child was the only one who saw it and tried to help her understand.

Hey, guys. Although I do not agree in the slightest with what his mother did to the kid, but can we not shift all blame on the mother alone, as there was that jerk that made her pregnant and left her alone with a kid. That guy is probably even more quilty than that woman alone as she had to take care for 2 people for at least 4-5 years until when she just snapped. Guess what, that guy probably didnt help her or his kid financially. 😡

Anyways, a great story!

@letmebegin Agree, without the main supporting pillar in the family shit would crash down bit by bit. Even if she manages to take care of him alone stress and all would follow. 11/10 This one shot, so fuckin good.

Just like the manga said everyone tries to align themselves as good and reading some of these comments backs up that saying of course its human nature after all

A mother who didn't care about her child is worse than a villain because even villain people care more about their child.This ignorance should not be tolerate🙃

I don't like how the author kind of downplayed the child's death just because that soul is REALLY obsessed with that woman, bad taste. That kid suffered for a few days first before succumbing to hunger and dying.

Right off the bat I can think of many ways she could have avoided that situation... Like going back to her parents (they welcomed her back after jail so? it should be fine?), filing a case against the neglectful father and his horrible family... Ask her friends for help looking after her kid (which she did before too).

Then the author tried to make us sympathise with her more because gasp oh no after serving a few years in jail, she's getting roasted on the internet that's the worse thing EVERR... Also the angel going off about the negative image being a murderer brought upon her... like how dare people get mad at someone who killed their child, making it about humans selfishly aligning themselves as good? Not true, it's because of something called empathy. You know, something God and that angel should be aware of... something that angel clearly doesn't have because she's an immortal being that won't get hurt and human lives is clearly trivial to her... God this whole story is so?? lol

tldr it's a try hard fake deep story

You should read the comments after you read the oneshot. I think it's better to form your own interpretation from scratch and from your own thoughts alone, at least for the first read.

Those who only point out the mother's neglect or claim the oneshot is tryhard or fake are also neglecting the whole point of the artwork. They may or may not be taking the oneshot too literally (too personally). Regardless, Love Letter is not about human rights (which are real and important, no doubt), and it is not about God or immortal angels. The artist portrayed God and the angel as very detached from worldly issues possibly for the reason that they are just analogies, and that they are not meant to be heavily involved in the message of the story.

In my opinion, Love Letter is not about making decisions in the present. It is about decisions made in the past that cannot be changed, about the harshness of biased judgement and conviction, and about living on despite how painful, guilty, or irredeemable your past, your life, may feel. It is not about a single woman, and it most certainly has nothing to do with reincarnation, how you should judge people for their crimes, or what is good/right and what is bad/wrong as is evident by the dialogue on page 24/26.

People need to stop posting untagged complaints (which are clearly spoilers) on the main page and use the chapter's comment page instead, if they wish to respect to future readers and the oneshot.

Edit 1: @smolbaka This comment has nothing to do with abortion. Even if I were a supporter of abortion, that would have nothing to do with this comment. I also do not see a strong relation between supporting abortion and sympathizing with child murderers. This comment addresses my interpretation of the motivation behind this oneshot, and I have made it clear that I'm assuming this oneshot is not about a single woman , which means it is not about a particular person, which means this comment does not only apply to the child murderer that you refer to . Can you be more specific?

An important detail people quick to judge by good and evil here tend to oversee is that souls here are reincarnated with no hell in sight. Easiest thing in the world is to judge, hardest is to understand the sinner and all that. In fact, this oneshot is very new testament.

Edit: I didnt say anything the manga didnt say better. For whats left out, there's @SturgeonsRevelation.

The unconditional love of a child can be so ugly and beautiful at the same time. This was kind of hard to read haha.

Banned
@SturgeonsRevelation wtf are you on about?

It's literally about a manga sympathizing with a child murderer. But I guess you were socially engineered to think that way since in today's society abortion is somehow so accepted it's praised when women go through with it.

The message of the manga may not be clear for everyone, it is necessary to know how to read between the lines, it is a characteristic of the author (try to read "Kami-sama ga Uso wo Tsuku
" by the same author). I think the real meaning is what @SturgeonsRevelation said.

Double-page supporter
man something about this one really clicked with me. it's not trying to be too deep or have some kind of big concept but what I think it does so well is that people live in the present and can't change the past. i love how everyone knows that what she's done is unforgivable, including most commenters and even herself. in almost every story i've read there are characters that do stupid shit when their head gets in a dark place and they always, always, always regret what they did along with the tears and darkened faces that come with the realization but for some reason i believe it more here than anywhere else. maybe it's the fact that she has to live with it that makes it more convincing. there's no villains, god's not out to get you, there's no good or evil, just people living and all the mistakes that come with it.

lmao. You guys are LITERALLY what the manga is talking about. Humans who like to put things in black and white. You're either evil or you're good, no in-between, no exceptions. While I DO agree that what she ended up doing is serious and awful, are you saying that absolutely NONE of you would do the same? A single mother, your spouse left you, your parents barely help, YOU DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY. She sold her own body to support herself and her son. What I DO fault her for is not dropping her son off at an orphanage etc. But guess what? She feels remorse and guilt, like any human would. She KNOWS she's at fault, so that's why she was going to commit suicide.

This woman did not verbally abuse her son by calling him stupid etc, she didn't even freaking slap or spank him. The thing she's at fault here is not just abandoning him, but not doing something about said abandonment. She's a flawed human just like anyone - she could've flipping murdered her son or sold him off but she didn't. Because at one point, she loved him (did you not read the same thing LOL) - abandoning him without doing anything is an evil act, but is she an evil person who isn't affected by her son's death? Hell no. Get off your high pedestals because we're all flawed humans here guys. She needs to be punished, but she isn't an evil person, she DID something evil. And she regrets it. This is meant to show human weakness and the like. Not say that this woman is completely off the hook lol because she should be punished for abandoning him, but she ain't evil.

Double-page supporter
Man I just came here to say this was sad and I cried, but YIKES these comments are a disaster

Fed-Kun's army
I literally crying. Its scary but baby blues somehow getting big these day.

And i do agree with @Wintear.

What She did indeed evil, but she isn't evil person. As guilt eating her as long as she alive.

Now let me weep again.😭😭

Sh

This just hit me hard and I'm crying so hard ..
That poor child and that poor mom ..

Users who are viewing this thread