Love Letter - Soichiro Yamamoto Short Story Collection - - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The Neighbor I've Longed For

Not gonna lie, the manga wasn't half bad, but I would've enjoyed this more

Group Leader
This was a good pilot. You can even twist the story as this being Kenji and kyoko parents. I know it's not but if the author wanted too it br fun

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I probably would have read that one too. I wonder how long they could have milked the whole "gotta find ways to get her scarf off" thing, before the mc just Yuuki Rito-ed himself?

Double-page supporter
Yo wtf? This setting is so much nicer.

It's a lot simpler and maybe you're not into that but at least they could've hooked up this way.
Perhaps the author could've found other ways to spice it up besides "I have to pretend to be a delinquent for my sister's sake".
The original manga was nice but the author dropped the ball with uninteresting side characters and with a really lacking overall plot.
I mean, how can you put a Chinese vampire in your manga and NOT explore that further.

This is way more fun and interesting. At least the halfassed reason/lack of purpose for the vampirism in the published work isn't here, and there's even more dynamic.

Fed-Kun's army
This prototype is good and bad in certain ways. Having an MC who isnt some weak boy who gets picked on constantly was nice in the final version compared to this but the setting and the story is better here (Did we even find out why she was a vampire in the final release?)

MD@Home
This version has many possibilities the final one did not have, but Kyoko's personality with the scarf is simply horrible. Couple this with her overwhelming strength and I think you'll start to understand why this dynamic was changed in the actual series.

Fed-Kun's army
its good that we got what we did instead of a clone of his other succesfull work.

Dex-chan lover
I NEVER KNEW SHE WAS A VAMPIRE. ALL THOSE CHAPTERS AND (I think) THEY NEVER MENTIONED SHE WAS A VAMPIRE. IN THE CORNER OF MY MIND, I THOUGHT SHE WAS A JIANGSHI, BUT THAT'S ABOUT IT.

ight fuck what everyone else says, this was good honestly this prototype was better then what we got in the end. just cause you do something once doesn't mean you cant do it again

Aggregator gang
@13man18 No, her being a jiangshi was mentioned in the first chapter of the full work. The term wasn't brought up any time after that though.

Dex-chan lover
I like the finalized way better. The this dynamic is ultimately uneven and it's only selling point is romance for the title character. The finalized Kyoko's lack of honest showed better with her brother complex than this.

Users who are viewing this thread