Love Letter -Yamamoto Souichirou Short Story Collection- - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - A Wish For Sasa★

Dex-chan lover
Quite an interesting idea for that series of oneshots. There are definitely some easy tricks one can pull to make it look like a oneshot was a random chapter of a longer series. In my opinion this particular oneshot wasn't even relying on the cheapest stunts imaginable because it didn't start in the middle of some more intensive scene.

If this was the last one in the one-shot collection, shouldn't they be compiled into a single series entry here since they were published in a single print volume? Actually I think I have that book, I can't remember now...

Double-page supporter
So the challenge is to write the 100th chapter of a series? That's pretty interesting.

@cgr You misunderstand, I meant shouldn't we be compiling the shorts from "Koibumi - Yamamoto Souichirou Tanpenshuu -" into a single Dex entry? That's the one I believe we have everything from now translated.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@TheGTF
I'm still not sure what you mean, 'Koibumi - Yamamoto Souichirou Tanpenshuu' is this manga: https://mangadex.org/title/36597/love-letter,

it's a oneshot, so compiling doesn't make any sense

@cgr No, the book itself is not just that story, a bunch of his one-shots are printed in it. "Love Letter" is just the first chapter of Love Letter- Yamamoto Souichirou's Short Stories.

Not only does the credits page of this upload state that it was a part of that book, I affirm that to be true because I have a physical copy of it; "Monster Lizard", "Middle-aged Cat Guy", "Minarai Witch" and "Matsumoto Eiko is an Average Girl" are also printed in that. Dex has many series entries that are just reprinted collections of an author's oneshots, many of which often originally published in different magazines.

Thumbing through it again, I think we are still missing one story from that book based on what I find on Dex. EDIT: never mind found "The Neighbor I've Longed For" buried in Fudatsuki no Kyoko-chan's page

Thus I question shouldn't these be combined into one publication for Dex's registry? "'Koibumi - Yamamoto Souichirou Tanpenshuu" with Ch 1 Love Letter, Ch 2 The Neighbor I've Longed For, Ch 3 Middle-Aged Cat Guy, etc. They were published again in a single compilation.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@TheGTF
Thanks for explaining (my apologies for missing the credit page), does the compilation have any extra pages compared to the individual magazine oneshots? If not, is there a point to compiling it?

Contributor
My working theory is that they're all plants, except maybe for the masked man who might be a gardener. Possibly, onii-chan is a succulent and water comes from his arm, though that section of him can be splinted back on just fine because, he's a plant.

Honestly, this might be one of my favorite from the "100th chapter" series so far, in that it (unlike most of the others) takes the prompt seriously and doesn't explain a goddamn thing about what the flying hell is going on, and instead decides to roll with that, take it up to eleven, and make things weird as all get-out.

Power Uploader
Whether it wasn't included in the collection or they didn't translate it, here is the page that explains the first 99 chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread