Love Thy Neighbor - Ch. 36 - Chapter 36

Dex-chan lover
i'm so expecting the worst, like jinju simpy leaving a note saying something depressing or citing "love thy neighbor" bla bla (i am a drama machine)
I feel the same but even if she leaves for a bit, I can't imagine it goes as planned since "as planned" has been established as Jinju's dying at the hands of those people. Once the author sets such an extreme result, it kind of tips the hand. There's no universe where I think that'll occur, so something must happen to interrupt that. Doyeon has to face her sister at some point and Jinju had to face these sharks at some point, so this could be a way to kill two birds. This shit is beyond illegal, so maybe they get caught in the end and all get arrested.

Dex-chan lover
they also want her to lure the husband out, so perhaps she won't immediately die...

i really have no idea...
I could see them getting her and luring out the husband but not her dying. There's not really a thematic reason for that and Doyeon's arc needs both of them to work. Guess we'll see what she decides soon anyway.

Dex-chan lover
Every character deserve a good session with a psy but I fear any therapists would need therapy after spending time any of those three women 😐. It's really sad how they always react in the worst possible way to any situation they're presented with.

Fed-Kun's army
THE MEME AT THE END????? LMFAOOOOOO.

Top Jinju…can’t be too mad about the pacing when I’m the one being fed pats my tummy contentedly

Morae…my girl 😭 I didn’t expect her to deflect with a “I had to…” — seems very self-consolatory on her part? But it also seems like bullshit because of all the routes Morae could’ve taken (offering to pay Jinju’s debt from the start, for instance ☠️ Not that Jinju would’ve accepted, given her pride being coupled with how distrustful she is of “things that are too good to be true” ) she confronted Jinju once (1 time) and then decided after minimal contemplation that she must throw her to the sharks.

“I had to” No, she really didn’t.

The “even if you’re a woman,” line still haunts me to this day because it established her as someone with very little conscious. Her planning an elaborate, and downright sleazy when you think about the implications, gambit on a woman’s life and dignity doesn’t come off as a surprise to me; her utter lack of accountability does, though. Like???

“I’m not liking this either, Pah Doyeon..” / “I had to. I had to…” girl what are you talking about…)3:&$3$2 She doesn’t have to take pleasure in not having common decency, but she’s acting like she’s been forced into a corner when she really hasn’t been BWAHAHA!! Is this purposeful characterization? Hmmmm.

If this plan ends up a bust, wouldn’t her personal involvement with the loan sharks be the conduit that makes her family look bad? Because if Doyeon is protecting a “poor, hapless woman” and Morae is the one taking that “poor, hapless woman’s” only place of safety away……..❓IDKKKK GUYSSS!!! IDKKKK!!!

Alsooo, find it very funny that Morae uses Jinju “prostituting” herself as a way to diminish Jinju’s autonomy (“why else would you do something like that?”) but when the loan shark is like: “omg haha she muuustt be sleeping with someone close to u!” She reels with disgust….mayhaps her hypocrisy is intentional, giggles.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The sister needs to die a horrible death, she doesn’t even deserve some sort of psychiatric help because she’s clearly mentally unwell. She needs to die, period.

I can’t believe she’d go as low as negotiating with those nasty men, who are definitely murderers or worse considering they even suggested selling jinju’s body in previous chapters. Setting up a woman get caught by disgusting sex traffickers just bc you want her out of someone else’s life is CRAZY.

I need a whole chapter dedicated to Doyeon beating the living shit out of her!!

u guys not looking at big picture here

the loan sharks or watever now know the redhead is loaded and she gonna be a target proly and more drama

"ill blackmail ur prestigious family now that i know the black hair is a stain on ur family name" shit like that

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Fuck this sister!
Omg, Jinju! I know she is thorn, after all she did go through it's obvious she finds the offer tempting. I couldn't blame her if she accepts it (there is a high chance to it).
I wonder what Doyeon would do if she knew what her sister did

Dex-chan lover
Not really. She might think she's a burden to Doyeon and want to take the opportunity to free Doyeon of her. Remember she has terrible self worth issues and has already expressed a feeling of not providing anything for Doyeon. It might not be about the money. So if she could be honest about that, there would be ways to recover. Plus they're aren't dating at the moment and Doyeon has just as many reasons to understand Jinju's wanting space or Jinju's desire to have some independence. Doyeon was just apologizing for her actions not too long ago. Really depends on how it happens.
You see I kind of thought that at first. The reason why I don’t think jinju would leave doyeon because she thinks she’s a burden is because doyeon has expressed that she really REALLY likes having jinju around. She’s expressed her feelings that she wants jinju and if she can only take her body then she’ll only take her body. So jinju leaving because she thinks she’s a burden doesn’t seem like a likely path to me. She would be more of a burden to doyeon if she did leave since it would leave doyeon in heart break…

Now something I’ve noticed is that jinju gets very needy for sex when Morae seems to want to hinder their relationship. She’s done it in the past and demanded sex from doyeon right after she got slapped and she’s doing the same thing now. Doyeon needs to leave for school but instead jinju wants to control the narrative of what doyeon is doing. Im guessing this is out of insecurity.

Dex-chan lover
THE MEME AT THE END????? LMFAOOOOOO.

Top Jinju…can’t be too mad about the pacing when I’m the one being fed pats my tummy contentedly

Morae…my girl 😭 I didn’t expect her to deflect with a “I had to…” — seems very self-consolatory on her part? But it also seems like bullshit because of all the routes Morae could’ve taken (offering to pay Jinju’s debt from the start, for instance ☠️ Not that Jinju would’ve accepted, given her pride being coupled with how distrustful she is of “things that are too good to be true” ) she confronted Jinju once (1 time) and then decided after minimal contemplation that she must throw her to the sharks.

“I had to” No, she really didn’t.

The “even if you’re a woman,” line still haunts me to this day because it established her as someone with very little conscious. Her planning an elaborate, and downright sleazy when you think about the implications, gambit on a woman’s life and dignity doesn’t come off as a surprise to me; her utter lack of accountability does, though. Like???

“I’m not liking this either, Pah Doyeon..” / “I had to. I had to…” girl what are you talking about…)3:&$3$2 She doesn’t have to take pleasure in not having common decency, but she’s acting like she’s been forced into a corner when she really hasn’t been BWAHAHA!! Is this purposeful characterization? Hmmmm.

If this plan ends up a bust, wouldn’t her personal involvement with the loan sharks be the conduit that makes her family look bad? Because if Doyeon is protecting a “poor, hapless woman” and Morae is the one taking that “poor, hapless woman’s” only place of safety away……..❓IDKKKK GUYSSS!!! IDKKKK!!!

Alsooo, find it very funny that Morae uses Jinju “prostituting” herself as a way to diminish Jinju’s autonomy (“why else would you do something like that?”) but when the loan shark is like: “omg haha she muuustt be sleeping with someone close to u!” She reels with disgust….mayhaps her hypocrisy is intentional, giggles.
I have to agree. It’s like she knows deep down what she’s doing is wrong but she doesn’t want to admit to herself that she’s making a mistake (Morae).

I kind of think jinju is going to tell doyeon. Although I could be bias. I know jinju doesn’t like to tell doyeon stuff like this as we seen her not tell doyeon about her previous conversation with Morae but hey making we might get character growth? I’d like to see jinju tell doyeon. Then I’d like to see doyeon get mad, but like mad mad, like the kind of anger you get when someone hurts your romantic interest xD. I want to see doyeon actually get really upset with Morae and call Morae on her crazy bullshit games.

But I just fr don’t see jinju saying yes to the bribe, I mean her getting all needy with doyeon I think ( at least to me ) proves that she’s not going to accept the bribe. Do I see her maybe showing up anyways to say no to the bribe? Honestly I’m 50/50, like she might even see through that it’s a trap and we could see her intelligences as a character trait. But like also I see her falling into the trap to create suspense and drama.

Double-page supporter
If Jinju goes to the meeting, even if it is to turn down the offer, I would be so disappointed on her wits. Morae already threatened her with calling the loan sharks if she didn't leave, so it should be clear for her that Morae doesn't give a flying fuck about what they would do to to her.
Jinju has trust issues, why would she trust Morae? Why on earth would she think this is not a trap to lure her out so they can catch her?
Even if you try to think it as "but she doesn't want to be a burden" it doesn't make sense if she already suspect it's a trap (as she should).

Dex-chan lover
Damn, I hope Jinju has the sense to tell Doyeon who probably knows her sister maybe doesn't have that kind of liquid money. Please, for the love of god, communicate. I know Jinju has trust issues but if there's one person she could trust right now to keep her safe it's Doyeon.

Also Morae needs to take several steps back and re-evaluate her choices. "I had to...", ma'am there is no "had to", you didn't have to do anything. I hope she either develops the common sense to backpedal and deal with those consequences, or singlehandedly ruin her father's career and be blamed hard for it.

Fed-Kun's army
It’s like she knows deep down what she’s doing is wrong but she doesn’t want to admit to herself that she’s making a mistake (Morae).
Right!! That’s what it comes off like to me as well; I mean, Morae doesn’t feel guilty or regretful, but her deflection feels like a bit of a retcon to me…since she seemed so tactile and calculating in all her initial appearances.

When did her cutthroat “idgaf idgaf idgaf 😒” attitude become mild resignation? Like!!! Girl!!!! You were planning this for awhile now!? Oh, she makes me so sick (affectionate)

Then I’d like to see doyeon get mad, but like mad mad, like the kind of anger you get when someone hurts your romantic interest xD.
YOU’RE SPEAKING ON BEHALF OF THE PEOPLE (it’s me, I’m The People) RN!!!! NEED 🙏

Fed-Kun's army
LMAOOO emotional discomfort = r we fucking or not 😭😭😭😭

THANK YOU JAZKIN AND FAUST9 U GUYS R SO SLAY <333

Dex-chan lover
this comment section is wack, it's fine when Jinju and Doyeon are both utter trash and manipulating each other with cold killer like mentality, but the second Morae acts that way it's bad?

let's not forget Doyeon and Morae seemed to grow up in a...not so well grounded family, considering the parents reaction to losing an intelligent son was to find and adopt someone who could be just as capable and easily molded into a stand in

let's also not forget Jinju went up to Morae, who just wanted her out, and went "I'm fucking your sister, something you will never get a chance to do and she will never let me go"

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
To the ones that spoil themself going to bomtoon and twitter:

So... anyone wants to guess why is Doyeon walking next to Morae (the clothes pattern in that shoulder is the same as the one she is wearing in the bomtoon preview) while in disguise?
At first I thought it was Jinju, but then I realised that and got a bit confused. Of course, I could be wrong, but if not...
Did Jinju told her about Morae's deal so Doyeon went in her place and that's why Morae looks like that?
Or does she looks like that, not just because of the surprise, but because if the loan sharks see Doyeon instead of Jinju, they will realise they are connected, so they might go after her too? That would certainly ruin her plans for getting Doyeon out of any scandal for the sake of her father's career.

Dex-chan lover
To the ones that spoil themself going to bomtoon and twitter:

So... anyone wants to guess why is Doyeon walking next to Morae (the clothes pattern in that shoulder is the same as the one she is wearing in the bomtoon preview) while in disguise?
At first I thought it was Jinju, but then I realised that and got a bit confused. Of course, I could be wrong, but if not...
Did Jinju told her about Morae's deal so Doyeon went in her place and that's why Morae looks like that?
Or does she looks like that, not just because of the surprise, but because if the loan sharks see Doyeon instead of Jinju, they will realise they are connected, so they might go after her too? That would certainly ruin her plans for getting Doyeon out of any scandal for the sake of her father's career.

Well that could be jinju next to doyeon still. We don’t know for sure, it’s hard to tell but I don’t think it’s moraes shirt. We get three pictures:
1. The first one I looked at was of Morae being upset. So I’m gonna make the assumption that something did not go according to her plan. Was it doyeon who shows up in jinjus stead? Or did they both show up together? I feel like someone for sure showed up and I’m gonna conclude at least doyeon shows up to the meeting. Why do I think this?
2. The second picture I see is of doyeon seeming like she’s in disguise. I can’t recall her wearing her hair like that so it just seemed very much on purpose to try to be undercover. But I do think jinju told doyeon about the deal because
3. The third picture had a hand pulling away from jinju. It almost seemed like the purpose was to comfort jinju. So doyeon comforts jinju Im gonna guess and that’s because jinju told her what happened.

Doyeon seems kind of serious so I think she’s going to try to outsmart the loan sharks. Maybe she might black mail them by having them say incriminating stuff? Idk but I do think we’re approaching near the end of the manga. I mean if doyeon figures out a way to get rid of the loan sharks then I just don’t see a need to continue the series. Idk.

[\ISPOILER]

Double-page supporter

We don’t know for sure, it’s hard to tell but I don’t think it’s moraes shirt.
kshfDrZ.jpeg
In both images it looks like white wool, with big braids pattern.

2. The second picture I see is of doyeon seeming like she’s in disguise. I can’t recall her wearing her hair like that so it just seemed very much on purpose to try to be undercover.
Nice catch! I didn't notice she never wore it like that, even in all those times she went out with Jinju wearing that cap. She may be able to fool the loan sharks if they see her, since all they know about her is that she is a young student with long hair.

3. The third picture had a hand pulling away from jinju. It almost seemed like the purpose was to comfort jinju. So doyeon comforts jinju Im gonna guess and that’s because jinju told her what happened.
I really do hope that is the case.

Idk but I do think we’re approaching near the end of the manga. I mean if doyeon figures out a way to get rid of the loan sharks then I just don’t see a need to continue the series. Idk.
Nooo... sad spanish noises, I don't want it to end just yet. Even without the loan sharks we still have Morae, Kang Chanyang, Sarika seemingly knowing Jinju and Doyeon's personality and her past :notlikethis:.

Users who are viewing this thread