Love Under the Sunset

Contributor
The first few sentences of that description are pure gold.

Unfortunately they appear to be taken from the cover of a commercial translation, and so I can't assume it's in any way reflective of the tone of the work. Still, bravo.

Group Leader
I got halfway through the 1st chapter and, as expected, the MC turned out to be a rude, arrogant asshole. I guess this is just another author pandering to the pre-teen, pre-pubescent female audience who fawn all over jerks like this guy. Of course, by the end of the series his attitude will make a 180° character upgrade, but it will, no doubt, take a hundred or two chapters to get there.

I feel like I have to defend this manhua from what Fred said below.
1. The MC (Xiao Yang) isn't an asshole. He's just not that good at talking to other people, which I'm sure other people also experience. You'll see in a few chapters, and by few I mean in the next five chapters, so if you're impatient and can't even read five chapters, then this manhua isn't for you (and all other manhuas that have plot, cuz surprise surprise! Manhuas don't just finish in one chapter).

2. The MC (Yayi, the girl) isn't just some random girl that fangirls over a hot dude just cuz they saved her. TOTALLY NOT. She's an independent woman that knows what to do with her life and just not created by the author just to fawn over some 'jerk'. Personally, I know that Yayi will be a strong female protagonist that sticks to her decisions and believes in herself.

3. I really like this manhua and I made this comment so that people won't drop it just because they immediately applied their prejudice when they haven't even read the first chapter in whole. This is an ongoing manhua focusing on the romance and the growth of all the characters. So stick with it for a few more chapters, and if you don't like it, then you can go and bash it on the comments.

I like this manhua so far, I hope that the fl will start to understand boundaries though but I think it's cute how eccentric she is lol.

Group Leader
@javilovesfluff Just because the MC isn't good at talking to other people, it doesn't give him the right to be totally and arrogantly rude to someone he has not even met. Only pre-teen, pre-pubescent females seem to be the only people who would think that isn't one of the hallmarks of being an asshole but instead adore and fawn all over such "bad-boy" characters. It behoves me to understand why authors have to start off a series with the MC being a jerk to the FMC (only for them to supposedly "redeem" their character later on).

i see this manga all over pintrest but it barely gets updated and i really wanna read it so i hope it gets picked up full time.

Users who are viewing this thread