Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 3 Ch. 37 - Demon Awakening! Cut Open Your Own Path!

@neorasp Metaphorically swimming in a mud made of bad memories may leave you with unhealthy superhuman strength and a deadpan face.

Dex-chan lover
I love how Mikan never breaks character, she'd find someone dying on the street and the first thing she'd do to help is squeeze a citric fruit at them

Ganbare Mikan?

Forgot about it but on p5 Lilith said "the more tears a demon sheds, the stronger she gets". Shouldn't Shamiko be uber-strong by now if that was true? 😅

Dex-chan lover
oof
she really have unpleasant memories about hospital stuff
thanks god the manga not really dwell into that stuff, because it will turn dark

Dex-chan lover
Speaking as someone who's going on 38 next year, I actually agree with Lilith. Memories can be your worst enemy as you get older because they can grab you and make you relive parts you don't like over and over. This isn't the same as learning lessons from bad experiences; this is your brain insisting there's still something you haven't learned and force-feeding you it. If you ever wondered why some crazy old people can be so crazy, that's why. Being tortured by your own heart warps you just like you found your hole. The hole that was made for you.

I really do think the key to happiness is to forget the bad things, but hold onto what you learned from them. That's the only purpose bad memories serve, in fact -- lessons and reminders of people you owe. (whether it be because you hurt them or they helped you out of a bad spot)

If you've learned what you needed to learn and you've settled your accounts, if possible send painful memories to the bin and never look back. If only it were so easy.

What Lilith does is called repression and has worse psychological consequences. It's always better to confront bad experiences and make peace with them.
That's why people go to psychiatrists. The cheaper version is to talk to someone about it and eventually realize that it isn't a big deal anymore. Lilith has an isolationist view and that's why her solution is repression. Lukcily she now has lots of colorful people around who bully her in a nice way so she can work through her bad experiences. Momo may treat her roughly sometimes but she did show genuine sympathy. Getting that from her enemy makes her past failures feel less serious.

Dex-chan lover
Repression as dangerous/harmful mostly comes from Sigmund Freud. The dude did do a lot to lay the groundwork for his field but a lot of his theories are really... off . The idea of repressed memories has also in general been highly criticized by the psych community because of how often memories have been seemingly fabricated wholecloth this way. (and indeed, resulted in nasty lawsuits)

Dex-chan lover
Excuse me. This is some important shit happening and my mind can't process this as fast as I'd like it to.

For the next chapter:
This dork goat, what's so good about abs! Why don't you just move down a little bit! Pleasure down there! I repeat! Pleasure down there!

What staff is she using in the 2nd last strip to help materialize her? I can't seem to make it out

@BugDemon
It looked rounded so it didn't look like a fork imo but I guess that would make the most sense. I thought it resembled the egg beater for various reasons but discarded that guess because the bottom looked solid.

Users who are viewing this thread