Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 4 Ch. 40 - A Short Holiday!! Demon's Summer Festival

I always love when Shamiko has to justify her desire to hang out with her friends, because she is not used to having any.
She just wanted to play some games with Momo~

KZO

Dex-chan lover
If Lilith was smarter she could have used the announcement to say what she wanted to say last time, Momo wouldn't be able to stop her here.

Dex-chan lover
Anri has begun to raise "Momo flags" to Shamiko, like Shamiko's great care in the drawing of Momo. I think that begins to pick up, based on one comment she makes down the road. She definitely knows what's going on between the two of them.

On an unrelated note, I can't help but wonder how much research into the demonology of ancient Mesopotamia the creator has done. Probably not enough to talk about objectively, but it's interesting. Lilith first appeared as a separate demonic entity in Babylon, but that leaves a thousand years back to what Ancestor claims was her starting point. (The Babylonian Lilith wasn't a succubus the way we think of succubi, by the way.)

This chapter made me feel so sorry for Shamiko, the poor girl was unable to realize that she felt alone. Although, it makes sense How could she realize it, when interacting with other people than her family is something so new to her? For the first time, she is dealing with something she had to experience years ago and that is... just sad. Of course, she had an isolated childhood because of his illness, but it was a different kind of loneliness, one born of not having someone instead of one born of having someone but not being with him/her.

On the other hand. Seeing how Shamiko is now sorroundedd by people who care about her, in addition to her family, puts a smile on my face.

pd: Momo, Mikan and Shamiko realy looks great in yutakas.

I like how Shamiko's Super Famicom even has the expansion port on the bottom.

Lol, Samiko drew sketches of herself for the journal but made a detailed illustration of Momo's dark transformation. Gotta visualize well what you truly long for.

So Mikan was able to meet Lico at their shop without trouble, as they had not crossed paths before I thought there was something up, but turns out I was overthinking.

BTW, are the festival string lottery booths that much of a scam to allow someone to draw strings on credit? Momo is doing the right thing ignoring the call, there is no good reason to humor scammers.

Dex-chan lover
The fact that this is the first time Yuuko can enjoy her summer makes me sad...

Thanks so much to @Fusang for taking my nitpicks into consideration!
Anyways, this week's errors:

Page 1, panel three, (minor)"rival" or "nemesis", or something along those lines would probably fit better than "enemy".

Page 2, strip 2, panel one, "Who even uses this kind of journal anymore?" sounds somewhat aggressive, she said something more like, "I haven't seen anyone use this type of journal in a while.", or more directly, "You're the first person using this type of journal that I've seen in a while.", which might be a bit wordy.
Panel two, "Momo is having an operational meeting with Mikan-san...the helper magical girl.", Shamiko assumes that Anri and Mikan do not know each other. Another one is "Then I'll contact them myself", no "break" is mentioned, but it can be assumed.

Page 4, strip 1, panel one, (minor) "That's nice~" is more of a "I'm glad~".

Page 6, strip 2, panel four, "We were made to wear these after we went looking for Shamiko at the cafe. I can't take it off due to some mysterious technique..."

Page 7, strip 1, panel three, (minor) I do believe "attribute" was used in previous chapters instead of "type".
Strip 2, panel three, "couldn't have a summer all to herself" is "couldn't devour summer all by herself" in Japanese, quite demonic. The energy in the following bubble is also not mentioned to be "positive".

Last page, last strip, last panel, (minor) "Let's go fetch her!", Shamiko does intend to go together.

@thofheinz
I think Anri is super perceptive and already realized the attraction between our main pair earlier. She constantly prods them on in a way that just doesn't make any sense for a clueless person.
Heck soon the entire cast will be able to tell that they love each other.

Group Leader
Stay strong Miss Fresh Peach!
Chuunibyou is a dark past and will always be a laughing stock for your friends!!

Dex-chan lover
@Evron

```BTW, are the festival string lottery booths that much of a scam to allow someone to drawstrings on credit? Momo is doing the right thing ignoring the call, there is no good reason to humor scammers.```
as someone who has experience host string lottery shop, I can say: yeah, the prized and the missed has ratio 30:70 or lower, but to make the customer not feels too tricked we gave a cheap consolation prize.

@Psyme
you and the author observation are so detailed :D
In the later chapter, Lico gives Shamiko a PS2 and some games for her birthday present, it is so sad that in 201X Shamiko still play SNES in CRT TV,
I think Momo wants to give a PS3, but do PS3 have AV output?

Users who are viewing this thread