Made in Abyss - Vol. 8 Ch. 48 - Hollow Abyss: Beginning of Everything

Dex-chan lover
And now we know more about Belafu. He didn't care about external beauty, and sought the truth, beauty, and purity from within. He probably wanted Mitty because he could see that within her. Nanachi too. The fluid sucking was probably just an extra to it all, shit. I wonder how his "ideal" narehate form turned him into a horrifying centipede-like monstrosity though. Maybe because he didn't care about external beauty? Who knows, maybe I'm looking into this too much.

@Chuggoth and sacrificed again to make the village too. Harsh. It's no wonder she hates the place. Veko's probably going to betray her, and feel like she stepped into her father's shoes, too late to regret it.

Aggregator gang
Itsssss baaaackk!! Thanks for the chapter!! The abyss' beginnings? Important arc I say!! Well lets see what the abyss is gonna show us now!

Dex-chan lover
This chapter almost deserves a horror tag. Still, the wonder is enough to offset people being horrible.

Seems the Abyss wasn't as deep however many hundreds (thousands?) of years ago that might have been. They were just on the rim and got knocked out by the curse. In the current time, the curse around the rim makes you sick at worst.

So now we know how the sages got there, but we still don't know what the artifacts are and how they got there. Will Riko find her compass? I figured it was important when she dropped it so it has to come back now obviously. Someone pointed out that the compass needle resembles the Abyss. At the the very end of the needle, there's a ball/sphere, is this the Golden City?? I have so many questions!!!

What an absolutely amazing chapter. This might be the manga I most look forward to out of any I read.

Now we have to wait a month or whatever for the next chapter...

Power Uploader
Wow, Vueco's adoptive dad almost makes Bondrewd look like a nice guy. Damn. At least Bond did all his shit FOR SCIENCE, that old guy was just an asshole.

But anyway, I loved the chap. I think it's the kind of chapter the series needed at this point, to take a little distance and let us breathe the air outside of the Abyss even for a few pages. The Iruburu arc is great, but its mood is really stiffening.

Hey, I noticed the redrawing efforts for p16,17. Nice job.
pvndUii.png

I little bit of nitpick is that such big sfx in pure black stick out way more than the original ones done with the brush, should be a little bit lighter, since the original letter are also half grey.

Aggregator gang
"She cant have kids, send her to the death hole!" Im dead it's literally what happened to Faputa.

Still leaves me wondering about the civilization that was in the abyss and the tools they used. I guess in the meantime we will play "guess who is who" with the humans that got turned into monsters. Got Velafu confirmed so far.

@gum_rummy Veko's dad? He was already dead by the time Veko joined the Ganja.
It wasn't specified how he died.

By the way, did someone notice the bigger strand of hair on the dad's head when he was with Veko versus in the flashback?
x7.png
Veko did say she was told the story many times, but I like little details like that.
He has been booasting about the golden city non stop, but never did anything. No wonder Veko says he's all talk.

Dex-chan lover
"She cant have kids, send her to the death hole!"

Oh shit.This implies what I think?
There is only one way to know that she can't have kids.

Aggregator gang
Yes is easy: She is past the usual age in which the girls of their tribe start to show secondary sexual characteristics (or, assuming their anatomy is anything like normal humans, past the age she normally would start menstruating).

My guess is she is older than she looks. However with how much of a pedo the mangaka is, I wouldn't rule out they abused her and realized she couldnt have kids.

Dex-chan lover
So, what is going on with manga, is the author on a sabbatical or is he just releasing multiple at a time or a really long one?

Power Uploader
@Liquidxlax From what I heard this series has basically no fixed schedule, the chaps come out when they're done. Lately it's something like every two months.

so im guessing they must have undergone the change like how mitty did, taking on the curse for the tribal girl, which in turn made her their "treasure" or the most valued thing to them, wonder how the one girl is intact

Users who are viewing this thread